View Single Post

07.12.2012 , 12:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CecilPaladin View Post
Just wanted to get an idea of what you've seen in ops groups so far. For an 8 man run assuming 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 dps, what are the melee dps to ranged dps ratios? Do the groups you run with tend to favor more ranged dps? Is it 3 ranged, 1 melee or more even 2 to 2? How about 16 man runs?

I find it extremely easy to get into PuG ops groups as a ranged dps and somewhat difficult as melee dps. Unless it's SM where no one cares, all the HM EV/KP runs just prefer ranged dps. Same could be said with EC in SM or HM. Just curious if you folks experienced the same trend.
Most ops groups seem to go after ranged dps, because they're just easier to heal, I think. My main is a "melee", and I CAN get a slot, but I don't pug. I think it's much easier to get a slot as melee if they know you (as a good player), plus they know their healers are worth a crap. If they know their healers are really good, they might actually be willing to take close range dps even if they don't know you.

That said, if a raid force takes regular melee at all, from what I've seen, the ratios are generally 3 to 1 in favor of ranged over melee, and right now, of course, that preferred melee is going to be a mara/sent.