bright_ephemera
07.09.2012 , 06:33 PM | #13
CHRONICLES PRESENT, 7: In which Quinn voices an opinion on Andronikos

Time period: Settled in after Quinn's return to life

“My lord. We have arrived at Nar Shaddaa.”

“Quinn, I never thought you were the partying type.”

“That was not my intention.”

“Are you doing a favor for Vette?

“That is never my intention. I was rather referring to letting the pirate off as he requested.”

“As he requested before we instead agreed to put him up in your old quarters and let him play with us for a while.”

“We have Pierce. We scarcely need another loose cannon. Also, they are my quarters.”

“What, are you not living with me?”

Quinn exhaled hard. “I…that is…my old quarters are required, for…storage.”

“I moved the Scarlet Nexu comics to the cargo bay. Though I think Andronikos just brought a bunch of them back to his room.”

“My room.”

“You don’t own enough stuff to need storage.”

“I can acquire something if it means there will be no room for him.”

“My ship. My orders. He stays.” Nalenne moved in close enough to whisper in his ear. “I’ll make it up to you.”

“That is a great deal of making up, and I’m still not sure you’ve ever paid off for Pierce.”

“I didn’t say I was paying for Pierce.”

“It stands to reason.”

“I owe you nothing for him. He was a formal military assignment.”

Quinn froze. “Very well,” he said through set teeth.

“Besides, at the ten point three minutes per day you were allowing, it would’ve taken years to make up for him by your calculations.”

“It’s true. You could simply eject him instead.”

“Nuh-uh. Who would make you so beautifully angry if I didn’t have him?”

“Jaesa. Vette. Broonmark. Niselle. You.”

“I like you when you’re angry.”

“You like me any way at all.”

“Embarrassing but true. But, since everybody else already makes you angry, Pierce and Andronikos can’t possibly make it worse.”

“Oh, no, they can.”

Nalenne almost jumped when Andronikos stumped onto the bridge. “So, we shooting something yet?” he asked.

“I don’t know. Do we have plans, captain?”

“I believe we’re out of work at the moment. And for the foreseeable future. You’ll be terribly bored. We’ve reached Nar Shaddaa, though. The door is that way.”

Nalenne pushed up on her toes to peer over Quinn’s shoulder at his console. “Well, apart from us being out of work, it looks like there’s an op on Alderaan that could use our attention. Major Killik love. Let’s go.”
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST