View Single Post

Kenjigreat
07.06.2012 , 03:12 AM | #17
I will Edit my post to make it better according to feedback .

I would however like to point out several things.

1. I created this guide for people who know nothing or close to nothing about FPs at level 50 and yes there are such people and I happen to be unfortunate enough to group with them every day.

2. On some fights having a good tank is a must . Eg Lost Island , Most tanks on my server are incapable of handling the fights.

Quote from grallmate

"- Going into HM FPs, expect everyone to do a quick run, skipping what you can and spacebar convos. If you want to do bonuses speak up. If you want to do convos I'd suggest you talk to the group and possibly queue story mode instead."

I absolutely agree on this.

and this " - DPS also need to kill adds while the tank takes care of the boss"

and this " - If the healer lays down an AoE heal, the DPS also need to stand IN it.
- When skipping mobs, stick near the group and do not run off ahead. If someone pulls aggro accidentally you want to be ready to clean up. Similarly everyone should be sticking with the slowest person which will usually be the healer recovering after topping you all off.: "

"- Tanks should NOT guard healers in PvE. If the tank is guarding the healer he is (usually) doing it wrong. If the healer is actually benefiting from a guard he is (usually) doing it wrong."

Honestly this debate about Tanks should not guard healers in PvE is pretty stupid . I have done hundreds of HMs and either way works. Just because someone does things in a different way does not mean that they are wrong.