View Single Post

Galafray
07.01.2012 , 03:54 AM | #26
Well let's hope none of the people trying raiding for the first time ever come here and see how they are being described - as "idiots", "morons" etc. Otherwise, rather than learning from their experiences and striving to become better at it (thus adding to the available pool of good raiders), they'll probably just give up on the idea and go back to playing alts.

What people should realise is that this situation was inevitable. Many of the people entering OPs/FPs through LFG will be doing so for the first time - for a lot of them this will even be their first MMO - such is the attraction of the IP. Some will have come from quiet servers where they couldn't get a group together even if they tried. Because of this I'd imagine many of them think that this kind of content is just the same as they have already played, just BIGGER, which is why (in their minds) it requires more people.

I'm sure things will settle down and improve - provided those with experience have the understanding and patience to help those who want to learn, to get through their first couple of runs without rage-quitting on them mid-run.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty out there who not only don't have a clue what to do, but don't care either, for them there is no help.