Thread: Rakghouls?
View Single Post

Dafpants
06.21.2012 , 12:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Solmi View Post
I just don't get this. I've run this mission with 6 toons on live and with another 5 heading back to beta. I've never failed to get infected within 1 minute.
I'm not trying to say anything against you, I just think people (in general) over think this mission. They run all round and don't get infected and wonder why. It's really not that hard. Run right up the pipe in the north, leave your companion on passive, and engage the red rakgoul by the tree. Stand there and let him hit you (occasionally, I've had to use a med pack while he's hitting me) until you get infected. It's worked for me every time.
Yeap, we tried that. We were in a group of 4, all doing the same quests. 2 of us got infected right away. A 3rd took, like, 10 minutes. The 4th guy could not get infected for the life of him, despite standing there healing himself until he was green in the face. He is also "that guy" who is consistently last to get the x random mission drops (see emergent medicine or that one with the droid cores for Belsavis dailies). He and RNG are not friends.
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.