View Single Post

Rischardo
06.18.2012 , 03:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Feoktist View Post
Well sorry but all guys from our ops managed to learn 2+ schematics they tried. You don't realize it's a domino effect: once you learn one schematic you can actually craft it, put in your gear, then try to RE other. And once your kinmates do the same you can barter it. And no, your choice of mods is not limited to your class, obviously you never tried to change any columi pieces for your companion. I gained 2 schematics on my 15 lvl cybertech commando, wow how did I do that?? Hell, one of our kinmates even learned 2 Campaign relic schematics over the MONTHS since the update 1.2. The only problem is lack of access to end-game PvE-content, but you can't blame developers that you only play PvP. And thank you for making this sound over-complicated, now less people will try to learn the schematics, we will have less competition and continue enjoying 100% margins.
Wow This wall of text is rife with arrogant, elitist remarks and the typical ignorant assumptions that go along with it... I feel that I shouldn't even dignify it with a response.

Nevertheless, I never said that you couldn't profit from 61 mods/enhancements; obviously you can and there is a market for it. But when compared to arms/armor/synth, these items cannot be produced in nearly the same quantities as augment 22s and in 1.3, augment kits. 61 mods/enhancements demand high premiums that are paid out only to a select few crafters.

Both of my characters have nearly all the 61 mods/enhancements I can get from BH comms, so despite your blanket assumptions, I am not some PvE noob and will hopefully be making some of these mods myself in the near future (if I happen to be as lucky as your raiders when I RE).

I could go on and on and point out every area where you misread/misunderstood me, but I'd probably be wasting my time. The main thing for you to understand is that yes, money can be made from 61 mods/enhancements, but it is not nearly as accessible as augments and thus it is not comparable to the money making ability of augments. The reason you can make money now, despite the smaller market, is because it is difficult to obtain 61 mod schematics and the rarity of the mod/enhancement is what allows you to charge high prices. As more raiders start REing bc they have nothing better to do, kiss your profits good bye.

Augments and augment kits, on the other hand, are profitable despite the high supply because of the high demand. Every profession can be profitable; Bioware just made it a lot easier for some than for others.