The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

I see your JC/Qyzen, and raise you femsmuggler/Guss! Aw yeah I went there. No spoilers.

I seemed to have the worst luck. Whenever I really, really deserved a drink, one of my exes would inevitably walk into the cantina and make my day worse.

It was my first day on Corellia, and I already hated it. It didn't take much whining from Guss for me to agree that we could take a break for a drink. I almost immediately regretted it.

"Crap!" I hissed, turning my back to the door. "It's my ex-boyfriend. He never leaves me alone."

"Do we have to leave?"

"No," I whispered. "We can't get out without him seeing me." I racked my brain, trying to think of a way to evade him. If I couldn't evade him, maybe I could get rid of him. "Play along with me, all right?"

"Cardani? Is that you?" came the voice of my nightmares.

I spun around and put on my brightest smile. "Hi! Wow, it's been awhile, hasn't it?! This is my boyfriend." I threw an arm around Guss, hoping we looked convincing.

"This is your boyfriend?" My ex looked like he didn't believe a word I was saying. Maybe he was starting to figure out that I frequently lied to get him to leave me alone.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "We're so in love. We're going to get married and have a whole mess of green fish babies."

"Also, I'm a Jedi," said Guss. I stepped on his foot. This was not the Lying Free-For-All Hour.

"I'm not sure if I believe you." That was an improvement; he usually believed more or less anything. Not exactly the smartest man I'd been with.

"I love her," said Guss in an exaggerated voice. He was a terrible actor. "She's so green."

I nodded sagely. "It's true."

"Come on, Cardani," said my ex, crossing his arms. "I don't believe for a second you two are together." I could see a flicker of doubt in his eyes, though. We just had to push this over the edge and I could be rid of him forever.

"We are, I'll prove it." I turned to Guss and our eyes met in what I could only describe as mutual terror. I hoped my ex was dumb enough to mistake it for torrid desire. Considering how I'd felt during our relationship, he probably thought that was normal for me.

I screwed my eyes shut, took a deep breath, and planted my lips on Guss'. I really wish I were drunk right now,I thought. He was like a little brother to me; this was disgusting. Like kissing your family.

I broke away and sighed in relief, smiling at my ex. "See? Now do you believe me?"

He looked utterly horrified. "I...guess so. Well...I'm happy for you." He was backing away as though he'd seen a ghost. "I've...got a really important call. I'll see you around."

I watched him leave, finally able to let my body relax. "Thanks so much...I think that scared him away for life."

For an excruciatingly long minute, we were silent. We couldn't even look at each other. I figured this could be in the running for the most awkward sixty seconds of my life. There were few things more embarrassing than having to kiss your platonic friend.

"Let's never, ever talk about this again," I finally said.

Guss looked relieved. We clinked our glasses together in agreement. "Never."

Edited by elliotcat

I see your JC/Qyzen, and raise you femsmuggler/Guss! Aw yeah I went there. No spoilers.

I seemed to have the worst luck. Whenever I really, really deserved a drink, one of my exes would inevitably walk into the cantina and make my day worse.

It was my first day on Corellia, and I already hated it. It didn't take much whining from Guss for me to agree that we could take a break for a drink. I almost immediately regretted it.

"Crap!" I hissed, turning my back to the door. "It's my ex-boyfriend. He never leaves me alone."

"Do we have to leave?"

"No," I whispered. "We can't get out without him seeing me." I racked my brain, trying to think of a way to evade him. If I couldn't evade him, maybe I could get rid of him. "Play along with me, all right?"

I spun around and put on my brightest smile. "Hi! Wow, it's been awhile, hasn't it?! This is my boyfriend." I threw an arm around Guss, hoping we looked convincing.

"This is your boyfriend?" My ex looked like he didn't believe a word I was saying. Maybe he was starting to figure out that I frequently lied to get him to leave me alone.

"Oh, yeah," I said. "We're so in love. We're going to get married and have a whole mess of green fish babies."

"Also, I'm a Jedi," said Guss. I stepped on his foot. This was not the Lying Free-For-All Hour.

"I'm not sure if I believe you." That was an improvement; he usually believed more or less anything. Not exactly the smartest man I'd been with.

"I love her," said Guss in an exaggerated voice. He was a terrible actor. "She's so green."

"Come on, Cardani," said my ex, crossing his arms. "I don't believe for a second you two are together." I could see a flicker of doubt in his eyes, though. We just had to push this over the edge and I could be rid of him forever.

"We are, I'll prove it." I turned to Guss and our eyes met in what I could only describe as mutual terror. I hoped my ex was dumb enough to mistake it for torrid desire. Considering how I'd felt during our relationship, he probably thought that was normal for me.

I screwed my eyes shut, took a deep breath, and planted my lips on Guss'. I really wish I were drunk right now,I thought. He was like a little brother to me; this was disgusting. Like kissing your family.

I broke away and sighed in relief, smiling at my ex. "See? Now do you believe me?"

He looked utterly horrified. "I...guess so. Well...I'm happy for you." He was backing away as though he'd seen a ghost. "I've...got a really important call. I'll see you around."

I watched him leave, finally able to let my body relax. "Thanks so much...I think that scared him away for life."

For an excruciatingly long minute, we were silent. We couldn't even look at each other. I figured this could be in the running for the most awkward sixty seconds of my life. There were few things more embarrassing than having to kiss your platonic friend.

I think I just died!!! That was fantastic!! LOL!

"Do we have to leave?"

That...was just so wrong. *dies a little inside* HAHAHAHAH! After I finish playing my Chiss Jedi Knight, I'm going to write some more crack. Thank you, thank you for bringing the lolz. *faints*

"Do we have to leave?"

I have tears a little from laughing, very good!

I wish to participate!

Characters:

Adris Westan, my male Sniper

Brei'yu Kodrevas, my female Operative

Kaliyo

Vector

Minor end of Chapter 3 spoiler and perhaps a relationship pairing spoiler.

“Brei'yu! Woman, where are you?” Westan crossed his arms, confident his voice would bring her out of hiding, even if the intercom alerted the rest of the crew to an impending fight. It was bound to happen and he was ready for it. Itching for it really. He was done with Brei playing fast and loose with his reputation. So maybe she was doing him the favor, hooking up with his now independent team. But that certainly didn't allow her the luxury of running her mouth off at Sith Lords then breaking their necks when they disagreed with her.

After too many tense moments, Westan saw Vector look around the door. “Where is she, Vector?” Westan asked tersely.

“We... are not supposed to say,” Vector said hesitantly.

“Are you kidding me?” Westan threw his hands up in frustration. “I'm not even going to ask why she would tell you anything. Where. Is. She.” Vector regarded him with those black orbs that told him nothing and Westan felt his blood pressure rising. “Hyllus, you best give me the answer I want.”

“Brei'yu threatened us as well, only more accordingly,” Vector said. “And we fear her far more than we could ever fear you.”

Westan deflated. “What did she threaten you with?”

“She made it very clear to us that she would shave our eyebrows off while we slept. Then she would tattoo them back on, crooked. We would have a perplexed look for the rest of our existence. It is not something we wish to test her on,” Vector answered.

Westan fought not to smile. Damn her. She knew where to hit people without throwing a punch.

“I can tell you where she went,” Kaliyo drawled from the shadows of the doorway. Her blood red lipstick framed paranormally white teeth as she grinned. “Of course, it's going to cost you.”

Westan and Vector each considered her with mixed levels of worry. Westan because he didn't want to spend another night tied to her bed and Vector surely because he wanted to retain his natural eyebrows.

Kaliyo laughed. “Don't worry, bugboy. She won't do anything to you if I say something. You however,” she murmured, pointing at Westan, “have every reason to be worried.”

“I don't like to repeat my mistakes, Kaliyo,” Westan answered.

“Oh, ouch.” Kaliyo flicked him off with a wave of her hand. “Guess you don't want to know bad enough.” She ghosted out of the door, forcing Vector to the side with a snarl.

“Borked that up,” Westan sighed.

“Kaliyo is jealous of Brei'yu,” Vector said absently, making Westan slant his head to the side and mull that revelation over.

“I don't even want, or need, to go there. Where is Brei, Vector?”

“I'm flippin' right here you impatient snarg-kicking pain in my-”

“Brei'yu!” Westan wheeled to face the door, remembering at the last second to look as angry as three hells. “You have questions to answer, and I had better like those answers or... what are you carrying?”

Brei'yu set the set small crate down on the table between them and smacked her hands down on the top when he reached over to open it. “Shimi-shimi!” she admonished in that nonsense language he'd heard her use with her sisters.

Westan yanked his hand back. “You are on my last nerve, woman.”

“I've camped out there for how long now? I think I own real-estate. Now close your eyes.” Brei'yu flipped her hair, always in that bouncy tail, over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes at him. “Don't glare at me, close 'em!” When Westan refused she turned to Vector who still watched with curiosity from the door. “Hold him down and cover his eyes,” she barked.

Vector moved immediately and Westan heaved a sigh. “NOT necessary!” he growled, pointing at Vector with a you-better-keep-your-butt-over-there jerk of his finger. With his other hand he covered his eyes. “Now what?”

Vector stepped up beside Brei'yu and she grinned foolishly at the Joiner before lifting the top of the crate off. Inside was a large glass serving tray piled high with sweets. Vector wordlessly took the empty crate so Brei could set the platter on the table. She produced a short, slim white candle with flourish and stabbed it into the top crème puff. Then she looked at Westan and waited for him to get impatient. It didn't take long.

Westan waited as the scritching and clattering died down and then listened to the nothing for about 15 seconds before he got jittery. He did not like having his eyes closed around Brei'yu. There was no telling what she was doing. “Well?” he snapped when she remained silent. He snatched his hand away from his face. “What are you-”

Brei lit the single candle as his eyes fell on the plate. “Happy birthday, Adris.”

Westan gaped at the offering. Corellian crème puffs. Just like they had shared on Alderaan before... Before.

His eyes drifted to her face and she gave him a tiny smile. All was forgiven. As usual.

I wish to participate!

Characters:

Adris Westan, my male Sniper

Brei'yu Kodrevas, my female Operative

Kaliyo

Vector

Minor end of Chapter 3 spoiler and perhaps a relationship pairing spoiler.

“Brei'yu! Woman, where are you?” Westan crossed his arms, confident his voice would bring her out of hiding, even if the intercom alerted the rest of the crew to an impending fight. It was bound to happen and he was ready for it. Itching for it really. He was done with Brei playing fast and loose with his reputation. So maybe she was doing him the favor, hooking up with his now independent team. But that certainly didn't allow her the luxury of running her mouth off at Sith Lords then breaking their necks when they disagreed with her.

After too many tense moments, Westan saw Vector look around the door. “Where is she, Vector?” Westan asked tersely.

“We... are not supposed to say,” Vector said hesitantly.

“Are you kidding me?” Westan threw his hands up in frustration. “I'm not even going to ask why she would tell you anything. Where. Is. She.” Vector regarded him with those black orbs that told him nothing and Westan felt his blood pressure rising. “Hyllus, you best give me the answer I want.”

“Brei'yu threatened us as well, only more accordingly,” Vector said. “And we fear her far more than we could ever fear you.”

Westan deflated. “What did she threaten you with?”

“She made it very clear to us that she would shave our eyebrows off while we slept. Then she would tattoo them back on, crooked. We would have a perplexed look for the rest of our existence. It is not something we wish to test her on,” Vector answered.

Westan fought not to smile. Damn her. She knew where to hit people without throwing a punch.

“I can tell you where she went,” Kaliyo drawled from the shadows of the doorway. Her blood red lipstick framed paranormally white teeth as she grinned. “Of course, it's going to cost you.”

Westan and Vector each considered her with mixed levels of worry. Westan because he didn't want to spend another night tied to her bed and Vector surely because he wanted to retain his natural eyebrows.

Kaliyo laughed. “Don't worry, bugboy. She won't do anything to you if I say something. You however,” she murmured, pointing at Westan, “have every reason to be worried.”

“I don't like to repeat my mistakes, Kaliyo,” Westan answered.

“Oh, ouch.” Kaliyo flicked him off with a wave of her hand. “Guess you don't want to know bad enough.” She ghosted out of the door, forcing Vector to the side with a snarl.

“Borked that up,” Westan sighed.

“Kaliyo is jealous of Brei'yu,” Vector said absently, making Westan slant his head to the side and mull that revelation over.

“I don't even want, or need, to go there. Where is Brei, Vector?”

“I'm flippin' right here you impatient snarg-kicking pain in my-”

“Brei'yu!” Westan wheeled to face the door, remembering at the last second to look as angry as three hells. “You have questions to answer, and I had better like those answers or... what are you carrying?”

Brei'yu set the set small crate down on the table between them and smacked her hands down on the top when he reached over to open it. “Shimi-shimi!” she admonished in that nonsense language he'd heard her use with her sisters.

Westan yanked his hand back. “You are on my last nerve, woman.”

“I've camped out there for how long now? I think I own real-estate. Now close your eyes.” Brei'yu flipped her hair, always in that bouncy tail, over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes at him. “Don't glare at me, close 'em!” When Westan refused she turned to Vector who still watched with curiosity from the door. “Hold him down and cover his eyes,” she barked.

Vector moved immediately and Westan heaved a sigh. “NOT necessary!” he growled, pointing at Vector with a you-better-keep-your-butt-over-there jerk of his finger. With his other hand he covered his eyes. “Now what?”

Vector stepped up beside Brei'yu and she grinned foolishly at the Joiner before lifting the top of the crate off. Inside was a large glass serving tray piled high with sweets. Vector wordlessly took the empty crate so Brei could set the platter on the table. She produced a short, slim white candle with flourish and stabbed it into the top crème puff. Then she looked at Westan and waited for him to get impatient. It didn't take long.

Westan waited as the scritching and clattering died down and then listened to the nothing for about 15 seconds before he got jittery. He did not like having his eyes closed around Brei'yu. There was no telling what she was doing. “Well?” he snapped when she remained silent. He snatched his hand away from his face. “What are you-”

Brei lit the single candle as his eyes fell on the plate. “Happy birthday, Adris.”

Westan gaped at the offering. Corellian crème puffs. Just like they had shared on Alderaan before... Before.

His eyes drifted to her face and she gave him a tiny smile. All was forgiven. As usual.

Oh man, I busted a gut! I damn near died at the threat Vector repeated the fem!agent would do. Too too Awesome! Is your op married/dating Vector? Or did she pass him up? Mine did...married him that is.

You guys are cracking me up with the crack. Keep those crack fics coming! =D

Oh man, I busted a gut! I damn near died at the threat Vector repeated the fem!agent would do. Too too Awesome! Is your op married/dating Vector? Or did she pass him up? Mine did...married him that is.

You guys are cracking me up with the crack. Keep those crack fics coming! =D

Thanks!

My head canon involves both my male and female counterparts of each class. For my IAs Westan was the one who went through the Chapters and Brei was an extra companion brought in for a certain job. At this moment in the canon, Brei and Westan have a history that's closed, he one-night-standed with Kaliyo and romanced Temple. Vector is interested in my female Op but he hasn't made his move and Brei is really very unobservant when it comes to her personal life so she doesn't see Vector yet.

In game you better bet she romanced Vector. My favorite romance behind Jorgan.

Second submission for the week...technically I started this one first, but it's long and a bit more on the serious side which always takes more editing. This one came out of trying to make sense of how my JK and her parents would have reacted to the end of Act 2.

Nosce Te Ipsum

Jedi Knight/Trooper (major spoilers for JK end of Act 2)

Sana woke from a dead sleep the second before the call came through. The chime woke Aric, who grabbed the holo as she pulled the blanket up over her bare shoulders. A miniature figure of their adopted daughter lit up the bedroom, throwing odd shadows across the walls.

“Dad?”

“Oh thank the stars,” Sana whispered, breath leaving her in a rush.

“Where are you?” Aric demanded.

“I’m on my ship,” Esma said, her voice scratchy as if she’d been crying, “over Tython.”

“Are you safe?” Sana asked.

“Yes, but…yes, I’m safe.”

“Where have you been?” Sana could hear the strain in her own voice, “You’ve been out of contact for so long, and no one on that damn Council will tell us what’s going on.”

“I…could you come to Tython? So much has happened, and I miss you so much,” a slight sob broke through Esma’s words. Sana's chest tightened at her confident, collected daughter's uncharacteristic vulnerability.

“We’re on our way, honey, hold tight,” Aric said, handing the holo to Sana and pulling on a pair of pants under the blanket. He left the room at a run.

“Will you be okay till we get there?” Sana asked her daughter.

“Yes, but Mom, I don’t know what to do.”

“We’ll figure it out, just hang in there.”

“I love you.” Esma’s voice was choked.

“I love you too. See you soon.”

Esma nodded and then ended the call.

Sana threw back the blanket with a rush, was dressed and out the door in a matter of seconds.

“What’s goin' on?” Vik asked as he walked out of the bunkroom, vibrosword in hand. Yuen was right behind him. The squad gathered quickly on the main deck, not inspection-ready, but certainly battle-ready.

The ship shuddered a little as the hyperdrive activated and they made the jump to lightspeed.

“We got word from Esma,” Sana said as she buckled her blaster holster to her thigh. “We’re heading to Tython to rendezvous with her ship. Something’s up, but I don’t know what, so be prepared for anything.” She nodded to the squad and headed to the bridge.

Aric was pacing. Sana went directly to him, and he enveloped her in a hard hug. Minutes stretched by.

“I thought we’d lost her,” Sana whispered, her voice hitching.

“I know,” Aric said roughly.

“I thought…” she closed her eyes and hugged her husband tighter.

The two of them stayed there on the bridge, waiting silently while the ship shot through space, willing it to move faster.

The ship dropped out of hyperspace above the green and blue tranquility of Tython. Sana called up the Defender’s frequency and hailed them. Esma’s former padawan answered.

“Hey, Major Kaarde! What are you doing here?”

“Is Esma there?”

“Well, yeah, she’s in her room. Been there for a couple hours. Between you and me, she hasn't been herself since.... Want me to get her?”

“We’re going to dock with you,” Aric said, “we’re coming around now.”

“Okay, I’ll warn the guys we’re being boarded so Sergeant Rusk doesn’t start shooting.” Kira cut the connection.

“Rusk? I think I’ve heard of him,” Aric frowned, “Guy keeps getting his teams killed. Should have been drummed out of the military or shot from what I’ve heard.”

“Great,” Sana muttered as she maneuvered the ship into position.

"Jorgan and I are going, the rest of you stay here and stay alert."

Sana slung her rifle over her shoulder and headed for the airlock.

They were greeted on the Jedi ship by a Chagrian carrying an assault cannon, not a common sight. "Welcome to the Defender, sir," Rusk said, "and may I say it is a privilege to meet Havoc Squad in person. Your reputation for mission completion is unmatched and an inspiration for us all."

"Thank you, Sergeant," Sana said tightly, "I would be very interested to hear how you ended up traveling with my daughter at some later date."

Kira jumped down the stairs from the bridge. "Esma's up here," she said, pointing the way to the Jedi's room.

“Everything okay?” a lean dashing man asked from the bridge.

“Who are you?” Aric asked.

“Doc, medic extraordinaire, at your service.” Sana raised an eyebrow at the bow that accompanied the statement.

“Have you checked Esma? What's her status?"

“Did a very thorough examination. She’s fine, if you know what I mean” Doc drawled, leaning against the door.

Kira reached over and smacked him upside the head. “Doc, meet Esma’s parents.”

“I didn’t mean…” he straightened up under the blistering glare of angry Cathar and swallowed rather hard.

"Thank you, Kira, we'll take it from here," Sana said.

"Oh, okay," Kira said hesitantly before heading back towards the bridge.

"You can deal with him later," she whispered to Aric.

"Count on it," he said, scowling intently at Doc.

Sana paused, "I don't trust this crew. T7 is dependable enough, but the rest of them...I don't know that I'd want any of them guarding my back."

"I'm going to stand watch, you go help our girl," he said, “call me if you need me.”

She nodded and walked into the room to find Esma sitting on the side of the bed with her head in her hands.

"Esma," Sana said quietly. Esma opened her eyes and practically force leaped into her mother's arms.

“What happened? You've been out of touch forever,” Sana asked, sitting both of them down on the edge of the bed.

“It’s such a long story,” Esma said, rubbing her face.

“Well, I’m here.”

“I…we tried to capture the Emperor.”

“Nothing like aiming high,” Sana muttered, “I’m guessing it didn’t go well.”

Esma shook her head, “He beat us easily, and…he took over my mind, Mom.”

Sana was quiet for a moment. “For how long?”

“I don’t know. A long time. I don’t remember any of it.” She stood up and began pacing, rubbing her hands together.

“How did you escape?”

“I…I managed to break free of him, and we got some unexpected help getting off the station. If not for that, I’d still be…” she trailed off, covering her face in her hands. "I can't focus," she whispered, "I managed to hold it together while we escaped the Emperor's ship and even through the briefing with the Jedi Council, but I can't focus. I'm scared I'm going to lose it. And I keep going through what I remember. If I was able to break his control, why didn't I do it earlier? I might have been able to save the others! I can’t think of anything else, and I can feel…Mom, I’m afraid the dark side is taking hold of me.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I used to be calm…deep inside. The Force was like a still pool of water. I allowed myself to feel love, joy, pleasure because they never touched that calm. Now…I can feel the Force being churned, swirling, chaos just waiting to swallow me whole.”

Sana took a deep breath. “I don’t know much about the Force - I stopped doing centering rituals decades ago - but I do know you. When that smuggler handed you to me all those years ago, and you looked up at me, there was such certainty in your red eyes, such self knowledge. It was so strange to see in a baby, but you never lost it.”

Esma shook her head, “I don’t feel certain of anything anymore. I don’t know what to do. If I can't...what if...I couldn't beat him!” Her despair was nearly palpable.

She took her daughter’s hand and pulled her down to sit on the bed. “We all make mistakes, we fall short.”

“But I’m a Jedi…” Esma began.

“Jedi are no different.”

“But…”

Sana shook her head.

Esma took a deep shaky breath. “I failed.”

“Yes, you did,” Sana said, “now, what have you learned from what happened?”

“The Emperor is unbelievably strong, stronger than I am.”

“Stronger than you were.”

Esma looked at her questioningly.

“You’re not entirely the same person you were before.” Sana's heart ached for her daughter, but she kept her tone steady, "How could you be the same after what you went through?"

"I don't want to be different!"

"Tough." Esma looked her dead in the eye. "Life changes all of us. If you don't come to terms with that, you'll find no peace. Now, think, what have you learned about yourself?"

“What have I learned…I broke his control. He can't hold my mind.” Her voice held a bare thread of hope.

“What else?”

"The Force...it seems...stronger inside me."

"Ok."

“And I’m angry,” Esma whispered.

“No offense to the Jedi Council, but their whole lack of emotions thing just never seemed particularly wise to me. If emotions break through, they’re overwhelmed because the Jedi never learn how to deal with them.”

“Do you really think so? I’ve been trying to cut them off. I’m worried that the emotions I let through before were enough to let the dark side in. But it just keeps getting worse the harder I try to push them back.”

“The dark side takes over when you let your passions overwhelm you, right?”

Esma nodded.

“Not that you have passions, but that those passions overwhelm you. They take over. So you feel angry right?”

Esma nodded again.

“So you can either take a breath and refocus on what needs done, or you can give in and have a tantrum.”

“Mom!”

“What? That’s what it is. A big ole Force tantrum."

Esma giggled. A little of the tension Sana felt inside loosened.

"It's not that simple, you know," Esma said.

"No, I'm sure it's not. But you can do it."

“Oh!” Esma’s eyes opened wide, “I feel calmer. Inside, I mean.”

"Good, take some time, relearn yourself."

Esma nodded.

“And if you start losing it?

“No tantrums,” Esma said with a little grin.

“That’s my girl,” Sana said, hugging her daughter.

The pair emerged from the room. Sana nodded in response to Aric’s questioning look. His brow cleared, visibly taking a breath. Esma saw him and lit up, rushing into his arms for a long-overdue hug.

---

Sana sat, content, with her daughter at her side and her team around her. She glanced around for her mate; finally catching sight of him emerging from the cargo hold, a slightly bruised medic behind him. The man was fierce in protecting those in his care, always. It was one of the things she loved most about him. Plus the sight of Doc applying kolto to his throat was quite satisfying.

"Major! Sith incoming!" Elara's frantic warning echoed through the room as she quickly backed into the trooper ship through the airlock.

The collective sound of firearms being drawn echoed through the cabin as the entirety of Havoc Squad took aim at the huge Sith standing in the door.

"No! Wait!" Esma called frantically behind them, "He's fine! No shooting!"

The Sith stood, arms crossed casually as he silently surveyed the group. "Major Kaarde, I presume," he said in a rich smooth tone.

"Identify yourself," Sana demanded.

"He's Lord Scourge, the Emperor's Wrath," Elara said behind them, her voice shaking, "I've seen holos."

Esma pushed through the group. "Mom, he's fine. He's working with the Jedi against the Emperor."

Sana studied the mountain of Sith as she signaled for weapons to be put away, "Trying to ammend for your past?"

Scourge chuckled, "Hardly. I've done what I've had to do. You should understand that, Major Kaarde, I've seen your file."

"So what's the Emperor's puppet doing traveling with my daughter?"

He glared, "I am no one's puppet. Your daughter and I have a common enemy, and the enemy of my enemy..."

Sana crossed the floor to within a handsbreadth of the Sith, "Betray my daughter, and I will prove to you that Sith aren't blaster proof, no matter how much they try to delude themselves."

"A mother's passion. It's been so long since I'd seen it that I almost forgot how marvelous it is." He bowed to Sana, and exited almost as quickly as he had arrived.

Sana sat down next to her daughter. “You can’t trust him, you know that.”

Esma sighed, “I have to. I need his help.”

“He’ll turn on you in a second if it suited his goals.”

“I know.”

“Just be careful, okay?”

Esma nodded, “I’ll keep a close eye on him.”

"Now would you please tell me what is with this crazy crew you're hauling around space???"

-----

“Front and center, Sergeant.”

Rusk snapped to attention as Sana and Aric walked through the airlock.

“We need to talk,” Sana said, crossing her arms.

“What the hell is up with your casualty rates, Rusk?” Aric growled, his stance identical to his mate’s.

“Sir, I have one of the highest mission completion rates in the services! Casualties are an unfortunate but unavoidable part of war.”

Sana raised an eyebrow and glanced at Aric, “You want to take this one?”

Rusk slammed into the side of the ship with six feet of angry Cathar in his face.

“When you lead soldiers into battle, you take responsibility for their lives,” Aric growled, “it is YOUR JOB to get them back out again!”

He slammed the Chagrian against the wall again and then let go and stepped away. Rusk looked shell shocked, not to mention slightly bruised.

“Your definition of mission completion is flawed, Sergeant,” Sana said with withering contempt.

Rusk frowned and attempted to pull himself back together. “How so, sir?”

“Your mission always includes getting your men back out alive and whole along with your mission objectives. Always. Anything less is an incomplete mission.”

“But sir, by that definition, I have never had a completely successful mission in my career!”

Sana glanced over at Aric. “I think he’s beginning to understand.”

“But I have medals….” Rusk protested.

“Politicians,” Sana practically spat.

“I…I have deep respect for your achievements, sir,” Rusk said, grasping for dignity, “I will take your definition of mission completion into consideration.”

“And just to be perfectly clear,” Sana said, her eyes practically burning a hole in Rusk’s head, “you may have been foisted on my daughter, but if your casualty list ever includes her, I will end you. Understood?”

Rusk met her gaze with sincerity. “Understood, sir.”

---

Sana and Aric climbed the stairs to the bridge, the last of their warnings delivered. They could hear giggling and off-key singing coming from the medbay where Elara, Kira, and Esma had holed up with a couple bottles of wine and some awful Imperial music. The rest of both crews had wandered off. Sana just hoped 4X didn’t give T7 any harebrained ideas.

She looked back as Aric shut the bridge door behind them. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her lightly.

“Think she’ll be okay?”

Sana tipped her head back to look at him. “Yeah, I do. She’s got that durasteel core. She’ll get through, even with this crew.”

He grinned, “Sounds like another amazing woman I know.”

“Oh yeah?” She grinned back.

“Uh huh, course she liked to talk too much and fix everyone's problems and …”

“Sounds like a busy woman.”

He gripped her waist and lifted her up on the console. “Very, but I have a plan for getting her attention.”

“Oh really? And what would tha…..............oh…that'll work.”

Edited by iamthehoyden

Second submission for the week...technically I started this one first, but it's long and a bit more on the serious side which always takes more editing. This one came out of trying to make sense of how my JK and her parents would have reacted to the end of Act 2.

Nosce Te Ipsum

Jedi Knight/Trooper (major spoilers for JK end of Act 2)

Sana woke from a dead sleep the second before the call came through. The chime woke Aric, who grabbed the holo as she pulled the blanket up over her bare shoulders. A miniature figure of their adopted daughter lit up the bedroom, throwing odd shadows across the walls.

“Dad?”

“Oh thank the stars,” Sana whispered, breath leaving her in a rush.

“Where are you?” Aric demanded.

“I’m on my ship,” Esma said, her voice scratchy as if she’d been crying, “over Tython.”

“Are you safe?” Sana asked.

“Yes, but…yes, I’m safe.”

“Where have you been?” Sana could hear the strain in her own voice, “You’ve been out of contact for so long, and no one on that damn Council will tell us what’s going on.”

“I…could you come to Tython? So much has happened, and I miss you so much,” a slight sob broke through Esma’s words. Sana's chest tightened at her confident, collected daughter's uncharacteristic vulnerability.

“We’re on our way, honey, hold tight,” Aric said, handing the holo to Sana and pulling on a pair of pants under the blanket. He left the room at a run.

“Will you be okay till we get there?” Sana asked her daughter.

“Yes, but Mom, I don’t know what to do.”

“We’ll figure it out, just hang in there.”

“I love you.” Esma’s voice was choked.

“I love you too. See you soon.”

Esma nodded and then ended the call.

Sana threw back the blanket with a rush, was dressed and out the door in a matter of seconds.

“What’s goin' on?” Vik asked as he walked out of the bunkroom, vibrosword in hand. Yuen was right behind him. The squad gathered quickly on the main deck, not inspection-ready, but certainly battle-ready.

The ship shuddered a little as the hyperdrive activated and they made the jump to lightspeed.

“We got word from Esma,” Sana said as she buckled her blaster holster to her thigh. “We’re heading to Tython to rendezvous with her ship. Something’s up, but I don’t know what, so be prepared for anything.” She nodded to the squad and headed to the bridge.

Aric was pacing. Sana went directly to him, and he enveloped her in a hard hug. Minutes stretched by.

“I thought we’d lost her,” Sana whispered, her voice hitching.

“I know,” Aric said roughly.

“I thought…” she closed her eyes and hugged her husband tighter.

The two of them stayed there on the bridge, waiting silently while the ship shot through space, willing it to move faster.

The ship dropped out of hyperspace above the green and blue tranquility of Tython. Sana called up the Defender’s frequency and hailed them. Esma’s former padawan answered.

“Hey, Major Kaarde! What are you doing here?”

“Is Esma there?”

“Well, yeah, she’s in her room. Been there for a couple hours. Between you and me, she hasn't been herself since.... Want me to get her?”

“We’re going to dock with you,” Aric said, “we’re coming around now.”

“Okay, I’ll warn the guys we’re being boarded so Sergeant Rusk doesn’t start shooting.” Kira cut the connection.

“Rusk? I think I’ve heard of him,” Aric frowned, “Guy keeps getting his teams killed. Should have been drummed out of the military or shot from what I’ve heard.”

“Great,” Sana muttered as she maneuvered the ship into position.

"Jorgan and I are going, the rest of you stay here and stay alert."

Sana slung her rifle over her shoulder and headed for the airlock.

They were greeted on the Jedi ship by a Chagrian carrying an assault cannon, not a common sight. "Welcome to the Defender, sir," Rusk said, "and may I say it is a privilege to meet Havoc Squad in person. Your reputation for mission completion is unmatched and an inspiration for us all."

"Thank you, Sergeant," Sana said tightly, "I would be very interested to hear how you ended up traveling with my daughter at some later date."

Kira jumped down the stairs from the bridge. "Esma's up here," she said, pointing the way to the Jedi's room.

“Everything okay?” a lean dashing man asked from the bridge.

“Who are you?” Aric asked.

“Doc, medic extraordinaire, at your service.” Sana raised an eyebrow at the bow that accompanied the statement.

“Have you checked Esma? What's her status?"

“Did a very thorough examination. She’s fine, if you know what I mean” Doc drawled, leaning against the door.

Kira reached over and smacked him upside the head. “Doc, meet Esma’s parents.”

“I didn’t mean…” he straightened up under the blistering glare of angry Cathar and swallowed rather hard.

"Thank you, Kira, we'll take it from here," Sana said.

"Oh, okay," Kira said hesitantly before heading back towards the bridge.

"You can deal with him later," she whispered to Aric.

"Count on it," he said, scowling intently at Doc.

Sana paused, "I don't trust this crew. T7 is dependable enough, but the rest of them...I don't know that I'd want any of them guarding my back."

"I'm going to stand watch, you go help our girl," he said, “call me if you need me.”

She nodded and walked into the room to find Esma sitting on the side of the bed with her head in her hands.

"Esma," Sana said quietly. Esma opened her eyes and practically force leaped into her mother's arms.

“What happened? You've been out of touch forever,” Sana asked, sitting both of them down on the edge of the bed.

“It’s such a long story,” Esma said, rubbing her face.

“Well, I’m here.”

“I…we tried to capture the Emperor.”

“Nothing like aiming high,” Sana muttered, “I’m guessing it didn’t go well.”

Esma shook her head, “He beat us easily, and…he took over my mind, Mom.”

Sana was quiet for a moment. “For how long?”

“I don’t know. A long time. I don’t remember any of it.” She stood up and began pacing, rubbing her hands together.

“How did you escape?”

“I…I managed to break free of him, and we got some unexpected help getting off the station. If not for that, I’d still be…” she trailed off, covering her face in her hands. "I can't focus," she whispered, "I managed to hold it together while we escaped the Emperor's ship and even through the briefing with the Jedi Council, but I can't focus. I'm scared I'm going to lose it. And I keep going through what I remember. If I was able to break his control, why didn't I do it earlier? I might have been able to save the others! I can’t think of anything else, and I can feel…Mom, I’m afraid the dark side is taking hold of me.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I used to be calm…deep inside. The Force was like a still pool of water. I allowed myself to feel love, joy, pleasure because they never touched that calm. Now…I can feel the Force being churned, swirling, chaos just waiting to swallow me whole.”

Sana took a deep breath. “I don’t know much about the Force - I stopped doing centering rituals decades ago - but I do know you. When that smuggler handed you to me all those years ago, and you looked up at me, there was such certainty in your red eyes, such self knowledge. It was so strange to see in a baby, but you never lost it.”

Esma shook her head, “I don’t feel certain of anything anymore. I don’t know what to do. If I can't...what if...I couldn't beat him!” Her despair was nearly palpable.

She took her daughter’s hand and pulled her down to sit on the bed. “We all make mistakes, we fall short.”

“But I’m a Jedi…” Esma began.

“Jedi are no different.”

“But…”

Sana shook her head.

Esma took a deep shaky breath. “I failed.”

“Yes, you did,” Sana said, “now, what have you learned from what happened?”

“The Emperor is unbelievably strong, stronger than I am.”

“Stronger than you were.”

Esma looked at her questioningly.

“You’re not entirely the same person you were before.” Sana's heart ached for her daughter, but she kept her tone steady, "How could you be the same after what you went through?"

"I don't want to be different!"

"Tough." Esma looked her dead in the eye. "Life changes all of us. If you don't come to terms with that, you'll find no peace. Now, think, what have you learned about yourself?"

“What have I learned…I broke his control. He can't hold my mind.” Her voice held a bare thread of hope.

“What else?”

"The Force...it seems...stronger inside me."

"Ok."

“And I’m angry,” Esma whispered.

“No offense to the Jedi Council, but their whole lack of emotions thing just never seemed particularly wise to me. If emotions break through, they’re overwhelmed because the Jedi never learn how to deal with them.”

“Do you really think so? I’ve been trying to cut them off. I’m worried that the emotions I let through before were enough to let the dark side in. But it just keeps getting worse the harder I try to push them back.”

“The dark side takes over when you let your passions overwhelm you, right?”

Esma nodded.

“Not that you have passions, but that those passions overwhelm you. They take over. So you feel angry right?”

Esma nodded again.

“So you can either take a breath and refocus on what needs done, or you can give in and have a tantrum.”

“Mom!”

“What? That’s what it is. A big ole Force tantrum."

Esma giggled. A little of the tension Sana felt inside loosened.

"It's not that simple, you know," Esma said.

"No, I'm sure it's not. But you can do it."

“Oh!” Esma’s eyes opened wide, “I feel calmer. Inside, I mean.”

"Good, take some time, relearn yourself."

Esma nodded.

“And if you start losing it?

“No tantrums,” Esma said with a little grin.

“That’s my girl,” Sana said, hugging her daughter.

The pair emerged from the room. Sana nodded in response to Aric’s questioning look. His brow cleared, visibly taking a breath. Esma saw him and lit up, rushing into his arms for a long-overdue hug.

---

Sana sat, content, with her daughter at her side and her team around her. She glanced around for her mate; finally catching sight of him emerging from the cargo hold, a slightly bruised medic behind him. The man was fierce in protecting those in his care, always. It was one of the things she loved most about him. Plus the sight of Doc applying kolto to his throat was quite satisfying.

"Major! Sith incoming!" Elara's frantic warning echoed through the room as she quickly backed into the trooper ship through the airlock.

The collective sound of firearms being drawn echoed through the cabin as the entirety of Havoc Squad took aim at the huge Sith standing in the door.

"No! Wait!" Esma called frantically behind them, "He's fine! No shooting!"

The Sith stood, arms crossed casually as he silently surveyed the group. "Major Kaarde, I presume," he said in a rich smooth tone.

"Identify yourself," Sana demanded.

"He's Lord Scourge, the Emperor's Wrath," Elara said behind them, her voice shaking, "I've seen holos."

Esma pushed through the group. "Mom, he's fine. He's working with the Jedi against the Emperor."

Sana studied the mountain of Sith as she signaled for weapons to be put away, "Trying to ammend for your past?"

Scourge chuckled, "Hardly. I've done what I've had to do. You should understand that, Major Kaarde, I've seen your file."

"So what's the Emperor's puppet doing traveling with my daughter?"

He glared, "I am no one's puppet. Your daughter and I have a common enemy, and the enemy of my enemy..."

Sana crossed the floor to within a handsbreadth of the Sith, "Betray my daughter, and I will prove to you that Sith aren't blaster proof, no matter how much they try to delude themselves."

"A mother's passion. It's been so long since I'd seen it that I almost forgot how marvelous it is." He bowed to Sana, and exited almost as quickly as he had arrived.

Sana sat down next to her daughter. “You can’t trust him, you know that.”

Esma sighed, “I have to. I need his help.”

“He’ll turn on you in a second if it suited his goals.”

“I know.”

“Just be careful, okay?”

Esma nodded, “I’ll keep a close eye on him.”

"Now would you please tell me what is with this crazy crew you're hauling around space???"

-----

“Front and center, Sergeant.”

Rusk snapped to attention as Sana and Aric walked through the airlock.

“We need to talk,” Sana said, crossing her arms.

“What the hell is up with your casualty rates, Rusk?” Aric growled, his stance identical to his mate’s.

“Sir, I have one of the highest mission completion rates in the services! Casualties are an unfortunate but unavoidable part of war.”

Sana raised an eyebrow and glanced at Aric, “You want to take this one?”

Rusk slammed into the side of the ship with six feet of angry Cathar in his face.

“When you lead soldiers into battle, you take responsibility for their lives,” Aric growled, “it is YOUR JOB to get them back out again!”

He slammed the Chagrian against the wall again and then let go and stepped away. Rusk looked shell shocked, not to mention slightly bruised.

“Your definition of mission completion is flawed, Sergeant,” Sana said with withering contempt.

Rusk frowned and attempted to pull himself back together. “How so, sir?”

“Your mission always includes getting your men back out alive and whole along with your mission objectives. Always. Anything less is an incomplete mission.”

“But sir, by that definition, I have never had a completely successful mission in my career!”

Sana glanced over at Aric. “I think he’s beginning to understand.”

“But I have medals….” Rusk protested.

“Politicians,” Sana practically spat.

“I…I have deep respect for your achievements, sir,” Rusk said, grasping for dignity, “I will take your definition of mission completion into consideration.”

“And just to be perfectly clear,” Sana said, her eyes practically burning a hole in Rusk’s head, “you may have been foisted on my daughter, but if your casualty list ever includes her, I will end you. Understood?”

Rusk met her gaze with sincerity. “Understood, sir.”

---

Sana and Aric climbed the stairs to the bridge, the last of their warnings delivered. They could hear giggling and off-key singing coming from the medbay where Elara, Kira, and Esma had holed up with a couple bottles of wine and some awful Imperial music. The rest of both crews had wandered off. Sana just hoped 4X didn’t give T7 any harebrained ideas.

She looked back as Aric shut the bridge door behind them. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her lightly.

“Think she’ll be okay?”

Sana tipped her head back to look at him. “Yeah, I do. She’s got that durasteel core. She’ll get through, even with this crew.”

He grinned, “Sounds like another amazing woman I know.”

“Oh yeah?” She grinned back.

“Uh huh, course she liked to talk too much and fix everyone's problems and …”

“Sounds like a busy woman.”

He gripped her waist and lifted her up on the console. “Very, but I have a plan for getting her attention.”

“Oh really? And what would tha…..............oh…that'll work.”

Awww, this is sweet! idk why but I'm such a sucker for stories about awesome adoptive parents. :D

Evil Lids

Trooper - extremely minor relationship spoilers

Aric paused in his supply checking as his mate stomped past the door, swearing under her breath the whole time.

"What are you doing?" he asked as she stomped back with an arc welder in hand, still swearing.

"Stupid lid won't come off the *%#%#*& jar," she growled heading toward the mess hall, determination in every stomp.

"So you're going to take it off with a welder?? Damn it, woman, did it ever occur to you to ask for help?!?" he demanded, following her down the stairs.

"I am CO of Havoc Squad. I've lead troops into a ton of battles, killed more Sith Lords than I can keep track of, and saved the Republic so often I'm beginning to wonder if I should just let it fry. I should be able to open a damn jar!!"

She hit the button to light the welder and then glared at Aric when he reached around and shut it off.

"Ask."

She glared at him harder.

"The welder is overkill and you know it. Ask."

She slammed the welder down on the counter and crossed her arms. Her teeth ground against each other, "Would you open the jar for me. Please."

Aric picked up the jar and twisted it. The lid popped. Sana glared at the jar.

"Was that so hard?" he asked with a slight grin.

"Shut up."

Author's Note:

I'm not sure where the mess hall is in the trooper ship, but if there's one thing I know about soldiers, you make sure they're fed, so I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Oh man I am so behind on reading this thread - but this particular one really made me giggle! :) The jar...lol.

Now to go read the rest of the thread! Nice work guys, am loving this entire thread!

Been working on my SI, and wondering how she might be connected to my other characters...then I got an idea!

Characters: Meenah Doesn't-Have-A-Last-Name-Yet (Twi'lek SI), Ayang Cardani (Mirialan smuggler). This time Meenah is the narrator.

Spoilers: None

Prompt: Allies

"Get her ready."

I was sitting on my mattress doing my nails. I'd been in this house on Nar Shaddaa for a few months now, and I didn't like any of the other girls that lived here. I'd been trained on Dromund Kaas as a dancer and a courtesan, and now I was living in a house with common slaves and dancing at parties. I looked up and saw my owner, a cruel human man, roughly throw another girl into the room. She looked confused, like she didn't know where she was. She probably didn't. Most new slaves were drugged during transport.

The house owner sauntered off, probably to beat the other girls into submission before the night's work began. I stood up and shut the door, stepping carefully past the girl, who was leaning against the wall and staring at me.

"What?" I asked her. "Never seen a Twi'lek before?"

She didn't answer. She was short and slender, with dark green skin, and she was dressed in a plain grey robe.

"What's your name?"

Her voice was hoarse. "A-Ayang."

"Republic girl, huh?" I said, noting her accent. "You sound Coruscani." She was probably one of the girls that had been drugged and captured in a cantina and sold into slavery. The gangs there made it a standard practice.

She nodded weakly, still staring at the floor. I snapped my fingers in front of her face.

"You need to wake up," I said. "They're going to expect you to work tonight." I crossed to my wardrobe, hoping I had a spare costume that would fit her. She was quite a bit shorter than I was. "Mirialans cost a lot of money, you know. You're going to have to make all that back if you don't want to be beaten every night."

She looked like she'd already been beaten. Nothing that couldn't be covered with makeup - they always made sure of that. I pulled her away from the wall, and was surprised at how pliable she was - she did whatever I guided her to do. She was in trouble.

"Do you know what kind of house owns you now? This is a...ah, what's a nice way to put it? A house of ill repute."

She seemed to ignore me. I wondered what they had given her. I was sure she was on drugs; probably some sort of spice in addition to the transport sedative. I pulled off her robe and started dressing her in the jingling metal and silk costume we all wore. She was like a doll.

"My name is Meenah," I said.

"Meenah..." She said it softly, in a singsong voice. "Meenah, Meenah, Meenah."

"Cut it out. Listen to me." I grabbed her shoulders and shook her. "Listen to me!"

She finally seemed to recognize me, to realize she was talking to another person. She looked so hopeless and helpless. They would kill that part of her, the part of her that still felt. She would be destroyed, like all the other girls that lived and worked on this hellhole of a planet. Unless someone looked out for her.

"Forget your old life. Forget where you came from." I kept shaking her shoulders lightly, trying to get her to keep focused. "Think about who you are now. Think about it all the time. Every emotion, feel it. Savor it. They'll take it from you and then you'll be an empty husk."

She blinked at me. I knew there was part of her that was still listening.

"I can use the Force," I whispered. "They'll take me to be a Sith if they find out. That's why I'm not an addict like all the other girls here. That's why I still have my own mind. You're going to lose yours; they've already started. But I'll protect you. We'll get out of here, and even if they bury who you used to be, you'll regain it when you're free. It'll always be there. I can do that for you."

Ayang closed her eyes and nodded slightly. She understood. They were drugging her and beating her, but she wasn't broken. She understood, and she was going to let me into her mind. I could save her.

"Focus on me," I told her. "I'll keep you strong." I let go of her shoulders. She didn't slump or lean on the wall. She was just what I'd needed to finally break free. Someone to focus on protecting. Someone to keep me strong.

"We'll keep each other strong," I said. I took her hand in mine. "I'll watch over you."

"Promise me?"

"I promise."

~DISCLAIMER~ Meenah's name is from a webcomic; I know, I'm bad. :(

Edited by elliotcat

Quick fyi. Finishing up a quite long story that hopefully fits with the Allies theme. It's crack of course, I suck at too serious fiction.

NP, I have to work tomorrow till 1:30 so the prompt probably won't change until around 2:30 central. :)

NP, I have to work tomorrow till 1:30 so the prompt probably won't change until around 2:30 central. :)

I probably won't be home until around 730-8pm est. So, if this is posted after you've posted this week's new challenge, just pretend it's the day before. lol But I'm hoping to at least finish this. It's almost 2k words right now and doesn't want to end yet. Stupid plot bunnies humping my forehead. lol

I probably won't be home until around 730-8pm est. So, if this is posted after you've posted this week's new challenge, just pretend it's the day before. lol But I'm hoping to at least finish this. It's almost 2k words right now and doesn't want to end yet. Stupid plot bunnies humping my forehead. lol

Yeah, I've been having the same problem. I have a long story I want to write, but there's one bit toward the beginning that I just can't. figure. out. It's driving me insane because I have so many ideas for the rest of it. :(

Write everything but the beginning, then read it backwards. If you don't go mad and summon forth the Elder Gods, you may just have a way to start your story.

I for one have three tiny 'scenes' of an 'incident' that I'd like to write at some point. The only thing stopping me is that I've not got the intervening scenes imagined yet. I do, however, have a variation on the line 'Is that a lightsabre in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?' :p I'm a terrible person.

Edited by Tatile

Index of my stories in this thread, chronological by character:

Jealousy

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )

The Sounds of Silence

Jealousy's Dream

Masks

Advice

Objects with Souls

Lessons

Jurial

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )

Faith

Home Ec

Erroneous Conclusions

Erroneous Conclusions (Alt Perspective)

As Time Goes By

Sink or Swim

Navigation

Jurial's Memory of Coruscant

Climate

Jurial Explains Why the Light Side is Preferable to the Dark Side

Enemies

No Easy Answers

Achillies' Heel

Hidden Talents

Mea Culpa

Unpleasant Realizations

Epiphany

Heralding Understanding

The Holocron of Jurial

Kirya

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )

Going to the Fair

Toothy's Surprise

Kirya's Worst Day ( Rixik )

Rixik's Worst Day ( Rixik )

Signing Papers

Hope and Kisses (AU) ( Rixik )

Falling

An Awkward Reunion ( Rixik )

Play Within a Play (silly version)

I Love Your Ring

Ceremonies

Ceremonies 2

Sure, I Know a Guy ( Sha'ra'zaed guest starring Andalar and Valden)

Kirya and Andalar, Wisdom, Justice Andalar

Things I Hate to Ship

Why I Hate Customs

To Market, To Market

Hat

Skald

Kughel

NotLP: The Story Thus Far

LF1M ( Vashutarl )

Rixik

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )

Sal's Diner

Teachers

As Time Goes By (part 1)

Judge and Jury

Bread and Circuses

Turning the Tables

Judas

Kirya's Worst Day ( Kirya )

Rixik's Worst Day ( Kirya )

An Alliance of Convenience Korjonos

Hope and Kisses (AU) ( Kirya )

Restraint

Too Close for Comfort Korjonos

The Morning Before

The Morning After

Credit Where Credits Due

Recreational Pharma Korjonos

Coming Down

A Great Day on Alderaan

As Time Goes By (part 2)

A Fitting End

Brotherhood

Zombie Prompt: Discovery

An Awkward Reunion ( Kirya )

As Time Goes By (part 3)

Economics 101 Andalar

Taking Out the Trash

As Time Goes By (part 4)

Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles

Sha'ra'zaed

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Varrel Umrahiel, Vashutarl )

Defector, Exile, Émigré

The Calculus of Loss

The Good Doctor

Hallucination

Music

We Belong

Legion (AU)

Sure, I Know a Guy ( Kirya guest starring Andalar and Valden)

Admittance to the Court of Queen Galaxia

Memento

Memento (Alternative Views)

Who You Are

The Morning After

The Song of the Universe

Droids: A Romance

T'Kaleni

Where Darkness is Deepest

Hide and Seek

Varrel Umrahiel

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Vashutarl )

First Lesson, First Principles

Zombie Prompt: What If? Valho

Mirror, Mirror ( Vashutarl )

Entrance Exam

Goodbye

Varrel Umrahiel (SW), Pride.

Ceremonies

Unintended Lessons

Zombie Prompt: What If? Varrel LS

The Dark Path, Forever

Sins: Lust

The New Wrath (AU)

Zombie Prompt: I Love This Bar

Unrequited Love

King and Pawn versus King

The Road Taken: Nightmare of a Reluctant Sith

As Time Goes By

Only Men Dance

Larvae

A Time for Every Purpose

Vashutarl

A Special Mission

Spirit Festival

Bitterness

A Dangerous Project

Vashutarl

NotLP: The Story Thus Far ( Jealousy, Jurial, Kirya, Rixik, Sha'ra'zaed, Varrel Umrahiel )

Mirror, Mirror ( Varrel Umrahiel )

Show Them You Belong (Varrel Umrahiel)

Hello

Mirror, Mirror

LF1M ( Kughel )

Love is in the Air

Spirit Festival

Two Letters

Love Letters and Secret Valentines

Other

There Once was a Hutt Who Swallowed a Gorg

Pimp my (Other) Threads

A Little Bit of Lettice

Edited by Striges

This week I've been working a ton, which meant I got a lot of ideas for prompts (they always seem to come to me when I'm working...) so I'm going to post two. Do one or both, it's up to you.

Week of 6/15/12

Confessions - Everybody has things they don't like to admit. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's just something small. Sometimes it's nice to finally let it out. What does your character need to admit - and to who?

Hidden Talents - All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?

Archive is up!

Does it have to be our character's confession? Or can it be one of the companions? I've had an idea kicking around that would fit if so :)

Feel free to do whatever you want! I just write the descriptions as a jumping off point. The only "rule" is that it of course has to be about SWTOR...obviously. :)

Confessions:

"I don't love your father. I don't think I ever did. I was young and foolish - he had money and looks. Good breeding, that was it. Don't let yourself fall into that trap, my Beni. Find someone you'll want and need tomorrow. In ten days time. In years time."

Sylvia took another gulp of her wine. Benedicta looked at her own glass in dismay. This was not the future she had in mind for herself. She was Sith; her mother was Sith, how could this be their lot in life?

"And what if I don't want to be married?" Sylvia nodded, but instead of saying anything, simply refilled her glass. "I'm too young, I don't want to be..."

"Old and bitter like your mother?"

Benedicta fiddled with her glass and avoided her mother's gaze.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Beni. We're not people who want to be tied down, no matter how much we believe it," There was an unusually wistful tone to Sylvia's voice. "I love you. I love your brothers. I don't love Grigor." She sighed, raising her glass but did not drink from it. They sat for a long time in silence. And then cakes were brought in and they spoke of different, happier things.

My assassin, Benedicta, speaks to her mother during lunch. Sylvia here is Lord Vizloch from my other stories, just in case you were(n't) wondering.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I read the prompt. I kept it so short because I felt that adding anything would detract from what is the most memorable part of the conversation.

Feel free to do whatever you want! I just write the descriptions as a jumping off point. The only "rule" is that it of course has to be about SWTOR...obviously. :)

What? You mean it can't be about Snuffles the sniffling clown? OMG! /ragequit lol I'll get started on finishing my submission for last challenge, see if anything cracktastic pops for this challenge and then go to my laggy server. haha