Thread: remake 4-6
View Single Post

jarjarloves
06.07.2012 , 06:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Stephenjdoug View Post
Lucas does follow it a bit, allot of EU made it into Episodes 1-3 and allot references in the tv series.
(name of planets, characters, star ships, and back story dating back to the old republic, there's more but im not naming it all) Who do you think it was that named the planet Coruscant? It was given its name from a POST ROTJ book. (Timothy Zahn i believe)

Second Lucas will never make another star wars movie again at least thats what he is saying right now.

Eventually someone else will have the rights and they could make a EU movie

Also one more Edit Lucas authorized quite a few things in the NJO series including chewies death
i'm not talking about names and places i'm talking about events. Think of how much of the EU was ignored when he made the prequels and the clone wars. He completely changed characters back stories.

oh and Lucas didn't authorize Chewies death

Quote:
SS (Shelly Shapiro, Editorial director, Del Ray Books):
We didnít get Georgeís permission to kill Chewie in particular: Chewie was simply not one of the characters George said we could not kil

as for the movies Lucas also said even after he dies there is to be no movies that take place after ROTJ. So we could get some movies from the Old Republic era just not after ROTJ.