View Single Post

AceMcVeer
06.07.2012 , 10:25 AM | #854
Quote: Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
reposting:

I totally understand and agree with how you're doing naming changes in transfers; and what I'm suggesting might not be feasible and it might be too much work. However I will explain why I am asking for it.

Here is the scenario.

I am transferring a character to a server. His name is PinaColada. However, there is already a character on the server named PinaColada. However, my character is level 50 with 7 days played. The character on the server is level 1 with less than one hour played. BUT because I am transferring *I* need to change my name.

I think there needs to be a way for the transfer mechanic to take this into account.

I have 53 days, 13 hours of play time on my main character.

If somebody is playing a character actively on a server, I can totally accept that. However, if a name is sitting as a placeholder on a level 1 I really should get the preference. Or if a character has 2 or 3 hours of playtime, it should default to a played character.

I would hate to lose the name; but I can lose it if someone is using it. I know it might be extra work and I know it almost 100% isn't going to happen.

But if I have 1284 more hours of time played in the game than the guy who's played for an hour who already has the name on the server...let me keep it.
^^ Exactly this. I don't mind losing a name to someone that is currently using it or even recently unsubscribed, but is over a certain level. I just don't want to lose my name (which isn't even a name in common usage, so not in crazy demand) to a level 1 created by someone on the trial or who was on early access but never even entered a registration code in.