View Single Post

islander
06.07.2012 , 07:20 AM | #782
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Well, I'm sure they are reading ALL the posts and finding that the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

I just went through the first 20 pages, then pages 40-50, then pages 60-70 (where pretty much no one new has been posting) and these are my results, excluding just questions and multiple posts from the same user:

Number of unique responses in favor of this news: 68

Number of unique responses not in favor: 27

You do the math. Multiple posts from the same few users do not mean there's a big issue.
Yeah. basically, the 27 people are predominantly those who gave up on their dead server for one of the 3-4 real ones, and now are forced to wait a lot longer to transfer their original mains to the server of THEIR choice.

I do understand this gripe. RIFT let them transfer willy nilly for free.

However, I also understand why Bioware is doing what they are doing. They really do want servers to be equally balanced. This is the best way to do this. The only real concern was guild manual transfers, and being able to pick up stragglers over time but Joveth and Allison have both clarified that this won't be an issue. Destination server(s) won't change for an individual origin server for months.

It's not a perfect solution, but at least this one is well thought out. They'll even let people who enjoy a dead server stay there.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five