Thread: Guild Mail
View Single Post

Ziso
05.30.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
Agree with you Jyde. Guild tools, or the lack of, at the moment is for me and many of my fellow officers the main thing wrong with Tor for us, with no dates confirmed but "no ETA". The game is now 5 months old. This is a mmorpg yet guilds dont have the basic tools available to them.

We have a guild website so we use that, but it would also be very handy to send a mail to the guild also. We had this in SWG and sent events info, game information (ie stuff like info on Rakual infection event) and used it to make members gameplay more enjoyable. SOE assumed that officers in a guild would be responsible players so would not spam guild mail, treating us like grown ups and if guilds did spam mail, im sure it wouldnt be long till members got fed up and left the guild. Our guild in Lotro has a guild mail which you can send out once per day only but even thats an improvement on Tor. The message of the day isnt good enough, with too little characters allowed. We have 3 events this week, we cant even fit them all in.

5 months in and the sheer lack of guild features is now having me wonder wether Tor is the right game for our guild of 7 years. Guild Wars 2 on launch will have many more guild features than we have here at the moment and probably will suit a guild of 300+ like we have here. Our guild leader said to me about 6 weeks ago this doesnt seem the game for us and i disagreed with him but now im wondering as just cant see any update notes and expected dates of implemention.

The 1 feature we have had added so far, the bank, with extremely high costs for bays, has become redundant since the launch of Legacy, due to legacys high costs, as players now save for thier legacy perks instead of contributing like they used to.

Tor- really enjoy the game, even at level 50 but starting to look at other mmorpgs like Guild Wars 2 that are more social and guild friendly that will benefit our community. Hopefully Tor will have a few new guild friendly features before GuildWars 2 goes live.