Thread: Boring races?
View Single Post

Chaac
05.18.2012 , 12:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluerodian View Post
I don't recall ever seeing a Mirilan, Miraluki, or Rattataki in any of the movies.
While I completely agree with your post just wanted to point out that there were two Mirilans in the movies. Barriss Offee appears in Attack of the Clones several times along with her master Luminara Undili who also appeared in Revenge of the Sith.

But yeah, completely agree that there were much more iconic species in the films. One of the best things imo that SWG did right was their playable species. Being able to be a Wookie, Mon Cal, Trandoshan, Rodian, Bothan or even a Sullustan or Ithorian just made creating a character so much more fun.

EDIT - Also interestingly although you can only play Mirialans on Republic side in this game until you unlock them through their Legacy, they were actually more often on the opposing side in galactic conflicts. They sided with the Sith Empire in the Jedi Civil War and with the Separatists in the Clone Wars.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."