View Single Post

bright_ephemera
05.15.2012 , 08:52 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Soteirian View Post
I paced my SW progress (yes, I was spoiled, too) and saved the last 3 conversations till after the betrayal, in the following order:
  1. Betryal
  2. Scene where he went all out to save the Darth, and subsequently said that he was making up for past indiscretions. At this point I chose to forgive him ("water under bridge" option)
  3. Technical Changes. I went the path of having him asking how long you were going to keep the distance attitude, and then he went on a limb since he's already dangling. At that point my SW admits that she felt the same way about him.
  4. Kill Draagh (for the 3rd time)
  5. Proposal (I thought story-wise, Quinn's statement of together they can achieve anything makes sense after defeating Draagh the 3rd time, especially since it was such a tough fight)
  6. Kill Baras (as a couple.)
  7. Final legacy conversation

The story felt smoother that way.
Oh. Oh. See, this was the order of operations for me, stumbling blind through this plot:
  1. Open Act 3
  2. blitz through the nine queued conversations, from "finally I kissed him and got him to smile, which was the purpose of this entire character and playthrough" to "married with legacy talk"
  3. Kill Draagh some more
  4. Betrayal
  5. Drag the sorry sod to the Baras fight in hopes of triggering special conversation stuff (no luck)
  6. Wail and gnash my teeth on the forums
  7. Fantasize revenge as I have never done before

So it looked to me like once the man ran out of self-control he just decided to use me for all I was worth, aware every single minute of what he would ultimately do to me, then fed me to the wolves. The killer mecha wolves. Talking about children, in retrospect, just seems sadistic.

To make matters even better, right after the betrayal I finished all my other companions' conversation lines and they all talked about possible children. I had a sudden desire for a [punch Jaesa] option...really, girl? I just had the world's messiest divorce and you want to talk about my rosy kid-filled future!?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.