View Single Post

bright_ephemera
05.15.2012 , 08:45 PM | #297
Okay, because I'm both pathetic and curious, I grabbed the first half dozen Youtube hits for this scene and constructed a 95% complete conversation tree for your reading pleasure:

A. SOLO INTRO
QUINN: My lord, I regret that our paths must diverge. Out of respect, I wanted to be here to witness your fate.
(DIALOGUE 1A)
  • 1. (What do you mean?) What fate, Quinn? What are you talking about? --go to C--
  • 2. (This sounds bad.) I've got a bad feeling about this.
    QUINN: Your senses have always been keen. --go to C--
  • 3 non-romance. (You're always so dramatic.) That's what I like about you, Quinn - your flair for the theatrical.
    QUINN: It's true. I have set this stage, my lord. --go to C--
  • 3a romance. (Are you breaking up with me?) Have you found someone else? If you say 'it's not me, it's you,' I won't be responsible for my actions.
    QUINN: It's not me or you. It's Darth Baras. I owe him more than you could imagine. --go to C--

B. INTRO WITH COMPANIONS
QUINN: My lord, I could not leave you to this fate without showing the respect of being here to witness it.
(DIALOGUE 1B)
  • 1. (What do you mean?) What fate, Quinn? What are you talking about? --go to C--
  • 2. (What are you doing here?) Get back to the ship, captain. I didn't say you could disembark.
    QUINN: I regret that I have been disobeying many of your orders of late, my lord. --go to C--
  • 3 non-romance. (You're always welcome.) [incomplete] --go to C--
  • 3a romance. ([Flirt] Did you get lonely?) You just canít stand to be away from me, can you, dear?
    QUINN: I have enjoyed your company and companionship, my lord. Thatís why this is so hard. --go to C--

C. QUINN: It pains me, but this entire scenario is a ruse. There's no martial law and no special signal emitter. Baras is my true master. He had me lure you here to have you killed.
(DIALOGUE 2)
  • 1 non-romance. (How could you?) This is the worst betrayal possible.
    QUINN: I act today with a heavy heart. Baras has always been the anchor of my career and, in my opinion, of the Empire. --go to D--
  • 1a romance. (Our romance dies in flames.) And here I thought you loved me. --go to D--
  • 2 non-romance. (Don't be rash.) Think this through, Quinn, before it goes too far.
    QUINN: You know me. I never act without consideration. Baras saved my career, and he'll save the Empire. --go to D--
  • 2a romance, may trigger on any female Warrior. (Don't I mean anything to you?) I thought our relationship was real. I thought we cared about each other. --go to D--
  • 3 non-romance. (Then you deserve death.) If you are allied with that fool, you will receive no mercy from me.
    QUINN: I arrived at this moment after much deliberation. Baras has always been the anchor of my career and, in my opinion, of the Empire. --go to D--
  • 3a romance, if Act 3 conversations have been completed: (I've fought for you!) After all we've been through together? I even helped you take out Moff Broysc.
    QUINN: You've helped me immensely. I act today with a heavy heart. But without Baras, I'd have no career. --go to D--
  • 3b romance, if Act 3 conversations are not yet completed: (How could you?) This is the worst betrayal possible.
    QUINN: I act today with a heavy heart. Baras has always been the anchor of my career and, in my opinion, of the Empire. --go to D--

D. QUINN: I didn't want to choose between the two of you. But he's forced my hand, and I must side with him. --go to E, F, G, H, I, or J depending on your active companion--

E. SOLO
QUINN: Once you're gone, your crew will either join Baras with me or be killed. --go to L--

F. VETTE
VETTE: Wow, Captain Boredom makes a wake-up call. Did not see this coming.
(DIALOGUE 3A)
  • 1. (Reserve the chatter.) Keep quiet, Vette, and ready yourself for the fight.
  • 2. (Nor I.) He fooled us both, all this time. (+45 affection)
    QUINN: It hasn't been easy keeping the truth hidden.
  • 3. (Quinn's just confused.) Don't worry, he'll realize he's making a big mistake.

QUINN, if Vette is collared: Vette, once my lord is gone, Iíll be in control of your shock collar, and your disciplining will make sense.
otherwise
QUINN: Vette, ever since my lord removed your shock collar, you have been an insufferable pain.

VETTE: You know what? I say we kill this Imperial punk.
QUINN: Charming to the last. No more time to waste. It's my extreme pleasure to take you out of the equation. --go to K--

G. DS JAESA
DS JAESA: This kind of intrigue makes my spine tingle. I'd love to kill a traitor.
QUINN: Jaesa, you have no idea how long I've held my breath hoping you wouldn't use your power on me. Baras specifically expressed that I should extend his welcoming hand to you. Join us.
DS JAESA: Are you kidding me? I may sense nothing but confidence in you, but...haha.
QUINN: Your powers will be a great benefit when Baras has turned you to him, Jaesa. For now, I can't have you disrupting my calculations. --Go to K--

H. LS JAESA
LS JAESA: Quinn, this is a terrible mistake. We will make the Empire better.
(DIALOGUE 3B)
  • 1. (Listen to her, Quinn.) You should pay attention. This is a bad career move.
  • 2. (Save your breath, Jaesa.) Let me do the talking, and be ready to strike.
  • 3. (ĎBetterí is subjective.) Something tells me Quinnís idea of Ďbetterí may not coincide with ours.

QUINN: Jaesa, you have no idea how long I've held my breath hoping you wouldn't use your power on me. You could have stopped me long before my preparations were complete. Now I have the upper hand.
JAESA: Master, his confidence is quite high. I see little to no doubt in him.
QUINN: Your powers will be a great benefit when Baras has turned you to him, Jaesa. For now, I can't have you disrupting my calculations. --Go to K--

I. PIERCE
PIERCE: Knew there was a reason I wanted to put a gun to his head the minute I met him.
(DIALOGUE 3C)
  • 1. (Your wish is coming true.) Youíre about to get your chance. (+120)
  • 2. (Steady, Lieutenant.) Letís hear the man out, but be ready. (-3)
  • 3. (Quinn is not the enemy.) The captain will realize heís making an incredible mistake.

QUINN: Pierce, Baras asked me if youíd be a valuable asset. I told him you were physically capable, but not worth the trouble. Sorry.
PIERCE: Ha. You think Iíd join you and some cowardly puppeteer? You guys are going nowhere.
QUINN: Charming to the last. No more time to waste. Itís my extreme pleasure to take you out of the equation. --go to K--

J. BROONMARK
BROONMARK: More betrayal! We must cleanse the clan!
(DIALOGUE 3D)
  • 1. (Ready yourself.) Sharpen your claws, Broonmark. You're about to get them bloody. (+120)
  • 2. (Patience.) Hold still, Broonmark. We won't attack hastily. (-90)
  • 3. (A never-ending demand.) Yes, it seems there is always more cleansing to be done.

QUINN: Broonmark, Darth Baras has no quarrel with you. Join me, and he will welcome you to the fold.
BROONMARK: You insult us. We never betray. Our pledge is complete. Our pledge is always.
QUINN: 'Always' is about to become a very short amount of time. Sorry, Broonmark, but I can't have you disrupting my calculations. --go to K--

K. Quinn incapacitates the companion.
QUINN: Baras and I have been planning this for some time. You'll have to face this fight alone, my lord. Ėgo to L--

L.
(DIALOGUE 4)
  • 1. (Baras is only out for himself.) Your master will run the Empire right into the ground.
    QUINN: Baras has always been one step ahead of every enemy. He will lead us to victory. --go to M--
  • 2. (Baras defies the Emperor.) You know who I'm working for now, Captain. If you stand with Baras, you stand against the Emperor himself.
    QUINN: The Emperor is an absentee landlord. Baras is doing what any real patriot would do. --go to M--
  • 3. (You're a fool, Quinn.) I really thought you were smarter than this.
    QUINN: I'll show you how smart I am. --go to M--

M. QUINN: After all this time observing you in battle, I have exhaustively noted your strengths and weaknesses. These war droids have been programmed specifically to combat you. I calculate a near zero percent chance of their failure.
(DIALOGUE 5)
  • 1. (Stats are unreliable.) Your confidence in the odds is your biggest weakness.
    QUINN: If anything, I'm underestimating my droids' chances. You'll find they are virtually immune to you. --go to N--
  • 2. (Shut up. [Attack]) You always did talk too much. (I LOVE how the male Warrior says this) --go to N--
  • 3. (Then I'm in trouble.) Sounds grim. I know how thorough you are, Quinn. Iím sure this will be my greatest test.
    QUINN: And if Iím right, your last. --go to N--

N. QUINN: I'm sorry it's come to this, my lord.
(combat starts)

O. POST FIGHT
QUINN: I should have known. I thought I'd programmed the perfect killing machine for you. I was painstakingly precise.
(DIALOGUE 6)
  • 1. (I cannot be killed.) After all our time together, have you not realized that I am unbeatable? (+15 if Vette is present)
    QUINN: I am at a loss. --go to P--
  • 2. (You're a failure.) This proves you are inept. Iím better off without someone who makes such a mistake. (+40 if Pierce is present)
    QUINN: Perhaps youíre right. --go to P--
  • 3. (Don't be so hard on yourself.) Your droids pushed me. It was a valiant attempt.
    QUINN: That's little consolation. --go to P--

P. QUINN: I have betrayed you. Conspired with your most hated enemy. I know it is meaningless to express my deep regret. I don't expect your mercy.
(DIALOGUE 7)
  • 1. (You'll live...barely. [Choke him]) It's useless to defy me. (+100 DS points, deeply satisfying cutscene) I will keep you alive. And we will see if you earn my trust again.
    QUINN: My lord, I'm...this is unexpected. Darth Baras would never forgive such a failure. --go to Q--
  • 2. (You're useful to me.) I will keep you alive. And we will see if you earn my trust again. (No cutscene action)
    QUINN: My lord, I'm...this is unexpected. Darth Baras would never forgive such a failure. --go to Q--
  • 3. (I can be merciful.) I understand your confusion. Baras can be very persuasive. I forgive you, Quinn. (+150 LS points)
    QUINN: My lord, I am deeply grateful. Darth Baras would never afford the same forgiveness.
    VETTE, if present: Quinn, your luck never seems to run out. --go to Q--

Q. QUINN: If you will permit me to stay in your charge, my dedication to you will never come into question again.
(DIALOGUE 8)
  • 1 non-romance. (We'll see.) I'll be keeping an eye on you just the same.
    QUINN: Of course, my lord. --go to R--
  • 1a romance. (We'll see.) Trust is difficult to rebuild, Quinn. But I'm willing to try.
    QUINN: I'll understand if things are different for a while. --go to R--
  • 2 non-romance. (I know.) The slate is clean, Quinn. --go to R--
  • 2a romance. (We are breaking up.) You can rejoin the crew, but you are no longer welcome in my quarters.
    QUINN: My actions have cost me dearly, then. --go to R--
  • 3 non-romance. (Be sure that is the case.) I will not hesitate to destroy you the next time.
    QUINN: There will be no next time, I swear. --go to R--
  • 3a romance. ([Flirt] All is forgiven.) You'll just have to make this up to me in private, Captain.
    QUINN: That can be arranged, my lord. --go to R--

R. QUINN: This interruption has delayed you enough. I'm eager to return to the ship and put this behind us.
WARRIOR: The ship is through there. Prepare for departure. I'll join you shortly.
VETTE, if present: Whatever you say.
BROONMARK, if present: We comply.
PIERCE, if present: Let's go, Quinn.
DS JAESA, if present: You heard the master, Quinn.
LS JAESA, if present: It will be good to get back to our standard routines.
QUINN: Of course, my lord. One thing, my lord - do you plan on telling the others what happened?
(DIALOGUE 9)
  • 1. (You'd be undermined.) No one else must know. It would compromise your ability to lead. Am I understood?
    BROONMARK, if present: You are our leader. --go to S--
    PIERCE, if present: Noted. --go to S--
    LS JAESA, if present: It is for the best. --go to S--
    VETTE, DS JAESA: [incomplete] --go to S--
  • 2. (They will be told sometime.) When it's appropriate, I will inform them. --go to S--
  • 3. (Your secret's safe with me(us if companion is present).) Don't worry. This will just be between the two(three) of us. Understood?
    VETTE, if present: I know Basic. --skip S; end of scene--
    LS JAESA: It is for the best. Ė go to S --
    DS JAESA, LS JAESA, PIERCE, BROONMARK: [incomplete]

S. QUINN: I appreciate it, my lord. I will see you back at the ship. [end of scene]

Sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRaKtGcshqs#t=90 (Unkind male) (1A.2, 2.1, 4.3, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.3, 9.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldCOA...eature=related (Male, fairly impersonal, DS)(1A.1, 2.3, 4.3, 5.2, 6.1, 7.1, 8.3, 9.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oghPT...eature=related (Male, DS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNsGh...eature=related (Male, a few less popular early choices, DS) (1.3, 2.2, 4.2, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.3, 9.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9fc...eature=related All companions! DS (1B.1, 2.3, 3A.1, 3A.2, 3A.3, 3D.1, 3D.2, 3D.3, 3C.1, 3C.2, 3C.3; 1a.2, 2.1a, 4.2, 4.3, 5.2, 6.2, 7.1, 8.1a, 9.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPfddJ0UGWU&noredirect=1 Female, DS, flirty (1A.3a, 2.1a, 4.3, 5.2, 6.2, 7.1, 8.3a, 9.1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaB1qdEDAeY Miscellaneous alternate options for a female SW in romance; DS (1A.3a, 2.2a, 4.3, 1A.1, 2.1a, 4.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yK5...=related#t=321 (Male, with Vette, DS) (1B.2, 2.3, 3A.3, 4.3, 5.1, 6.2, 7.1, 8.3, 9.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSzKW...feature=fvwrel (Male, with Vette, LS (!!!)) (1B.1, 2.2, 3A.1, 4.3, 5.1, 6.1, 7.3, 8.3, 9.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADbF9aDwjg (Male, with Vette, neutral choice; multiple less popular post-fight choices) (1B.2, 2.1, 3A.3, 4.3, 5.1, 6.2, 7.2, 8.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.2, 9.2, 6.3, 7.3, 8.3, 9.3)

End this with some keywords for ease of searching: Quinn betrayal scene script dialog tree transponder station
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.