View Single Post

Optimus_Ares
05.10.2012 , 11:14 AM | #9
Good post, and welcome.

Being a fairly new player myself, I know exactly what you went through. It's hard to find a group, and even when you do, it doesn't always end up pleasantly (ie. the group bailing on u mid heroic area with your qt on cd for example :P).

Luckily, the majority of the players I know by now are very decent, friendly and helpful, and if you manage to find yourself a helpful guild, you'll be all set to enjoy the game and do the stuff you want to do (ie. heroics). From what I've seen, a lot of people simply turn the public chat off, don't use the LFG function and don't mind grinding the same mission over and over and over until they hit the next level or leave the planet.

I plan on playing through most classes too, but I originally made the mistake of creating a trooper class on a sith server, only to find out that no-one plays on the rep side of that server so it has turned into a nightmare grind to get off planet/level up.

As the other said, following on the story quests should bring you up to the correct level for the next phase of the story before leaving a planet, however, the next planet will be tougher, so I always recommend going at least one level higher than what the mission difficulty rating is (just to be on the safe side). I had to do this since I had no support to speak of (ie. no other players to be found on that server/faction).

In the end, the flashpoints/heroics/group areas, are not mandatory for the main storyline progression. You can simply decide to skip past them, and you can generally do the story missions on your own with a comp. without a prob.

Regards,
Opt.
The shadowlands: Maxares (Powertech 50), Brire (Sorcerer 50), Vin'ce (Vanguard 41), Egrel (sniper 34), Hi'max (Jugernaut 30), Pyrres (Assasin 20),