View Single Post

KeyboardNinja
05.07.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1
I saw this called out deep inside a couple other threads, but I thought I would repost here with a confirmation that it actually works, since any guild doing EC is going to run into this at least once. First, the bug...

When doing the minefield boss in Explosive Conflict (any mode), a party member in the tower navigates the rest of the party across the minefield, during which time they are attacked by invincible turrets on either side. Once you reach the other side, the party clicks a panel to disable the turrets and then burns down an additional boss at the end. The bug is that the invincible "minefield turrets" will respawn when the party member in the tower attempts to rejoin the party. Note that these are different (and in addition to!) the "add turrets" that the boss will spawn periodically. The add turrets can be burned down, while the minefield turrets must be healed through, *substantially* increasing the difficulty of this encounter.

We've downed this boss several times, just healing through this bug as if it were a mechanic, but it's a lot more stressful for the healers than is really warented. Thus, finding the following workaround was a very welcome relief in our latest run:

Once the minefield is fully navigated, the party on the other side must wait to disable the turrets until the puzzle solver has *entered* the minefield.

The bug is being caused by the fact that the turrets automatically spawn the moment anyone enters the field, even if they have previously despawned. This is avoided by having the puzzle solver step into the very first solved square prior to clicking the despawn panel at the end. You do *not* have to wait for the puzzle solver to get all the way to the end of the minefield.

This of course means that you need to be *very* tight on solving the puzzle, since it effectively makes the enrage timer (4 minutes) on the turrets a solid 15 seconds shorter, due to the time required to get down the elevator (without being incinerated) and into the appropriate square. However, I think this is an easier hit to take than healing through the turrets while DPSing the boss.

The only exception that I would make is if the turrets have already enraged, in which case you should deactivate them as soon as possible and then LoS the minefield turrets when they respawn by standing against the cave door at the very far end of the zone.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)