View Single Post

Kaisies
05.03.2012 , 01:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by YodadoY View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. We have spent quite some time trying to bring Kephess down with a geared group in Denova Story Mode. I am tanking the boss and taunt him after he lands from the gift of the masters cast. He still managed to whack our dps at times for 20k+ with Savage Arcing Slash. How is this avoided? He also hits me or the OT with it at times which will do 80-90% damage and kills the tank with his next melee hit. Should the taunt happen even earlier than when he lands from the "Gift" cast? And how does the OT stay up after taunting following the "Breath" cast? Any help would be appreciated, as I have not seen much of anything on forums or strategies about this specific attack that hits for nearly 30k sometimes. We have the taunting during the "Breath" phase down pretty well, yet the tanks still go down, even using cooldowns and having properly modded rakata gear. Very frustrating...
Gift is the giant cicrle, you shouldn't be standing in it.

breath is easy, just kite.

Kephuss knocks back tank -> OT taunts. OT gets circles (usually) and kites boss + circles. MT pulls back aggro after debuff is gone.