1. I'm not debating Drew's credibility as a writer. I'm debating Darth Bane's authority as the be-all end-all of Dark Side knowledge.
2. So now this game just doesn't count?
3. I could bring up any number of other examples. The poisoning of the rebel slaves on Dromund Kaas. Killing the resistance leader on Balmorra vs. getting him to rat out the Republic. Killing Master Timmns. Killing the Selonians vs using them for slave labor.
For every one Dark Side option that improves the Empires chances of winning the war, there are five LS options to the same effect.
4. Sidious was so evil,
he inadvertently caused the destruction of his own Empire.
I'd say that's pretty pertinent to the topic at hand.
5. The alternative of even attempting
to try anything else. NOT becoming a Jedi.
6. Not to match characters here, but i'd say my own Marauder would be more then a quick bout for your own.
7. It has
become pretty clear that this is going nowhere fast.
8. I'll end with this: In every incarnation of the Sith Empire, we have never
been able to permanently defeat the Jedi and Republic as we are. We have been destroyed by out own pride, arrogance, and hubris every time. Every. Single. Time. We need to change.
1. He's not the "be-all-end-all" but Drew's authority far surpasses either of ours. Referencing Bane is the same as referencing an expert authority.
2. Im not sure if my arguments are going over your head or if youre just choosing to respond to certain aspects of them. Look at wookieepedia's summary of the lore in this game, the only thing that is accounted for his the background info and the general scheme of the story quests. NOT INDIVIDUAL CHOICES. Hell, the most important characters are referred to as "jedi knight" and "sith inquisitor." Really, what kind of lore is that? For the love of god please tell me you see the difference between that and the Darth Bane series.
3. We're not debating that. Haven't I already stated that light sith serve a purpose?
4. No, again you make me think that i've wasted my time talking to you. Sidious would have DESTROYED luke and all his light side power had it not been for darth vader. Sure, you can argue that luke was brand new to the force and sidious had been trained in the dark side for a long period of time. No matter what, SIdious made a weak decision in Vader as an apprentice.
5. Anything else would have been insufficient.
6. Feel free to join my server, level a marauder, and duel me.
7. I never expected anything more than what Hampshire would call a "shabby compromise."
As i said before, Light Sith are useful as pawns to promote the agenda of the empire, but they will never be as powerful as dark sith and thus will never be as potent against the jedi.
In response to your conclusion, I am more than willing to open up a thread discussin the merits of the rule of two and the pre ruusan order.