View Single Post

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 11:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fahfrd View Post
Here's the problem I'm having. I pre-ordered the CE edition. I received the pre-order code via mail several months back and registered it to my account.
If you can post in the forums at all right now, then my understanding is that you're registered as a preorder and (in theory) should be good for early access at some point in the next few days; I think they announced pre-downtime that the new forums are currently locked to those who entered preorder codes.

If you want to reassure yourself, however, you can check your games page and see if you see 'You redeemed your pre-order code' and it shows 'Early Game Access' and 'Color Stone' as your perks.

There will be two codes in the process overall:
  1. Pre-order Code: you got this when you preordered, and this code -- and the order in which people registered it -- determines Early Access admission. Even if you cancel an order to make a different one, the preorder code remains valid and tied to your account. If you can post in these forums at all right now, you have a preorder code.
  2. Product Key: this comes in the box for physical copies, or gets emailed out on the 16th for digital copies. This has to be entered to register the real game, and after December 20th starts you will have to have one of these entered in order to post to the forums or play the game.

Each code only needs to be -- in fact, only can be -- entered once. Hope that helps clarify!
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide