View Single Post

Woofpack
04.26.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by brentonj View Post
I'm not certain if the mechanic is working as intended in 16m, but in 8m Hardmode the fearful mechanic in this fight is completely bugged.

When Toth jumps to Zorn, ranged dps should not be affected by fearful so long as they're 30 meters (max range) from the impact radius. However, this is simply not the case. Our Sorc DPS died constantly last night, while at max range every time. Due to receiving fearful when he shouldn't have been. Thus his DoT's killing him because they were already on Zorn prior to the leap.

This bug has also been confirmed by numerous guilds over at sithwarrior.com

(located here: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...Toth-Hard-Mode)

Please fix this. It's incredibly frustrating. And requires any non-sniper ranged to constantly run beyond 30 meters, resulting in a significant loss of Dps on Zorn throughout the fight.
We were seeing this last night in 16man HM... what I saw was that the fearful debuff would be applied BEFORE Toth jumped... so if we were within 30m of Zorn when Toth turned to jump to Zorn, we would get debuff... The way we worked around that was to have our melee call out when Toth was 1-2% above jump threshhold (i.e. 92%) and Ranged would move out well beyond 30 m BEFORE he turned to jump... The adverse effect is that we were running into enrage timers mainly because Ranged spent more time off target......