Thread: Nerf Denova?
View Single Post

RichyYoung
04.23.2012 , 08:13 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by krinaman View Post
You guys just don't listen, at all.

I don't doubt that if people put the time in they would eventually get the first boss down just like I did.

What you guys seem to refuse to understand is that some people, dare I say most people, just don't find that to be fun. Since these people play games to have fun it really makes no sense for them to spend their night not having fun in the name of "earning" their gear.

So instead they will find something they do find fun to do, even if that is another game.

Then, and this is the part you guys really need to understand, the devs are going to see that nobody is running the raids and do something about it. The first option will be a across the board nerf into the ground of all modes. Ala WoW, Rift, etc. The next option will be to cut back on raid content and concentrate on content the "casuals" will actually play.

The best thing for raiders is that the story mode thing works and keeps enough of the population using the raids so that hard mode can stay as is for the raiders. Demanding that story mode be for raiders as well isn't going to end well for raiders.
I like what this guy said theres too many hard cores posting in this thread saying too keep story mode as hard as a hardmode.. You simply have no concept of casual gamers i manage to get maybe 1 - 3 hours a night online 3 - 5 times a week if im lucky. Most of which is crafting and dailys and we try to arramge a guild run 3 times a week thats if the 20 odd people in our guild ever all show up when schedualled to do so. We dont get angry becuase thats casual guilds, its just a shame when we tried for instance the new flashpoint on hm that we blew out so massivly on the first boss that the majority of the guild now refuses to do the new end game content. We did story mode but as said its pretty easy and the loot isnt very good to warrent doing it more than once for practice.. which is maybe exactly what story mode needs to be.

All im saying is that maybe we casual gamers have no concept of the hardcore guilds and visa versa