View Single Post

TitusVorenus
04.21.2012 , 05:47 PM | #24
Thank you, spne, for your excellent links. As we can see in those designs, even those with "flair" are often muted and understated, as opposed to full of bravado.

Pendragon, I cannot honestly say with 100% certainty that I speak for a "vast majority", it is true. However, I gathered such an opinion from my gameplay, hearing it very often from fellow guildmembers and just throughout the course of the game. In addition, the response to this thread--and yes, I understand that not everyone posts on these forums--is rather telling.

Many of you have commented to the effect that a lot of this armor seems more influenced by fantasy motifs than by science fiction, and especially of course "used future" . I agree with these sentiments, but I do not think we should be so quick to jump to conclusions and argue that it is to influence, say, WoW players or LOTRO players--as I said in the opening post, making things unnecessarily fanciful is endemic to the entertainment industry and has been for many years.

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses so far, and ask once again that future responses remain civil and on-point.
The Former Dalexeo Cobja of Starsider
Vorenus Faustus--Vanguard, Helm of Graush
Sygnus Faustus--Scoundrel, Helm of Graush
Vorbeck--Sniper, Ven Zallow