View Single Post

SuperGrunt
04.17.2012 , 12:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejam View Post
This thread is unbelievably petty.

Talent resets were given because not doing so would cause someone to have 40 or 39 or whatever points rather than the appropriate 41. This is a very common practice in MMOs when talent trees are restructured. It has nothing to do with how much these structural changes affect the gameplay of that class (i.e. Focus/Rage trees for knight/warrior had one talent removed but become baseline. For someone with that talent already, there would be no change, but without a reset they'd be missing a point.)

Also respecs are cheap.

Please realize that commandos have bigger problems and don't make CS annoyed over useless stuff like this.
Actually, in my experience in both SWG, and in WoW, if any changes happened to your profession/class respectively you got a free skill reset.

I think the same thing happened with Rift, but I only played so much of it, and don't really recall all that well if it did happen while I was active in it.

In Eve Online, whenever a skill you had was eliminated, or combined with another, you got the points that you trained into that skill refunded.

You may see this as useless stuff, but when a skill tree is "rebalanced" it is industry standard practice to refund all skill points.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo