View Single Post

Bayho
04.16.2012 , 05:05 PM | #19
I have no issue with content being difficult, I and my friends love it. But, as with my other post, highlighting many bugs, and the punishment we took by simply bringing one melee DPS, the content is not tuned nor fair. Been playing all varieties of MMOs for nearly 13 years now, and this is the only MMO with consistent bugs on bosses like Soa and in Lost Island, and that punishes having a melee character in your group so heavily.

The simple fact is that they make content in the Hard modes exasperatingly frustrating and don't care about fixing bugs or releasing content when it is ready.

Yes, we finished Lost Island, even with a melee DPS, myself as a melee tank, and one ranged dps and one healer. Was it easy, hell no, not even for seasoned veterans of MMOs, geared to the teeth with full or near-full Rakata gear and weapons. It seemed like we had to be lucky to not get a bug, or not end up in a specific circumstance of stacking mechanics that meant wiping nearly every time. Should we be spending over three hours in an instance because we brought a melee DPS, NO!

Just because you easily breezed through Story mode, or had all ranged taking on bosses, even if in Hard Mode, does not mean that the content is properly tuned, fair, or without bugs. Stop shaming people and calling them noobs. This is a forum where people express issues they have with content, you may not have had those issues, but that does not make those people poor players.

We downed Lost Island Saturday in under four hours. Brought the same group in on Sunday, and the crap was no different. We needed too much luck, even with our exemplary skill and already-tested strategies, to make it through, again. It is too buggy, there are too many overlapping BS mechanics that punish melee, and too much blind luck is needed to make it through. Why? Cause we had one melee DPS. That's the only difference between you and me.

Hell, we even had one instance where the pillar boss randomly did twice as much damage the entire fight, no reason, just a bug. Even with two people healing, we could not keep up. Went back, did it the next time, no problem, breezed through it.
Loyalty above all else, except Honor.