View Single Post

Loredin
12.13.2011 , 11:38 AM | #1
I posted this pre-wipe and I wanted to get feedback from people who will actually be playing the game and not just trolling.

Coming from other MMOs (EQ, WoW, Rift, etc.). I was always a slower leveler. I prefer to take in the sights as I go, play some alts, do some crafting or whatever. I will, at some point, most likely miss a tier or two of operations because I dont do them before they fall out of popularity. I am not a big fan of operations, but I do like to see content. I have also never been in an MMO so close to launch. So dont base your answer on how it will affect YOU necessarily, but as to what is best for the game itself.

Should operations be continually upgraded in level as expansions come out? This wouldnt include whatever the major end game operation is for an expansion, but the other filler ones like Eternity Vault and the Hutt one.

I am not saying to implement them right away, but maybe after the first new operations are out in a given expansion. For example: The next expansion raises the level cap to 60, new operations are released and cleared, and they patch in the tier 2 operations. Take the Eternity Vault and buff it up to a lvl 60 starter operation with loot on par with other entry level operations so those new players who were not around, or at level cap, for the lvl 50 operations can see the content in a meaningful manner. That way all the hard core raiders dont have to be bothered with redoing old content, but new people who never got to do the old content will have some variety.

Bioware and EA put all that effort into creating an operation which will most likely never get played after its designed level.

Just to be clear. I know you can always go back to old stuff and faceroll it at higher level, but that is no fun. There is also no benefit to it other than seeing the story (which is a good reason, but why make it the only reason?).