View Single Post

Jerid
04.13.2012 , 03:43 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
I know that as an individual, it's easy to rationalize this line of thinking, but understand that we cannot make everyone happy.

If we made judgement calls for who to give respecs to, and a class did not receive a free respec after a change, we'd be accused of "neglecting" that class (just like in this thread!). If we made judgement calls for who to give respecs to, and a class did receive a free respec after a change, we'd be accused of admitting the spec got "gutted," to use your words. And why wouldn't players think that - we just handed them free tickets to go elsewhere, right?

The only fair, honest, and logical way to give free respecs is to base them on technical necessity.

Or, Commando skill points weren't refunded for the reasons I've already given and elaborated on.

Also, devs get standard-issue troll resistance when they join the biz, just FYI.

I understand what you're saying... but you still should have given Commandos and Mercenaries the free resepec.

I actually sent in a /bug report for it last night because my Mercenary was the last charactaer I logged into last night (I was doing aoo my Imps) and he was literaly the only one that didn't get a resepc so I thought it was a bug.

Seriously, there's a reason people hate "Rules Lawers" in RPGs. There needs to be a human element involved in any sweeping decisions like this. SOMEONE should have taken a step back when we got close to the go live date and said "Wait a second, EVERY other class in the game is getting the free resepc except for the Merc/Commando" and then decided in this instance to go ahead and include them in on it.

Serioulsy, you can come in here and hide behind "we have a hard set rule you can only do this if the talent tree structure changes" and then finish up with your witty little remark about "standard-issue troll resistance", but you're making yourself look like that same smart *** from your DnD campaign that says "But it says right on page 42 of the reviesed warriors supplemental guide that you have to let me do that".

This kind of small callous (in?)decision just gives credibitly to the people that say "Oh no, big Business EA is ruining Bioware" when you make uncomprimising absolutes like this.

And for the record, the respec itself isn't a big deal for me. My Merc is still speced fine, and for my Commanod, I think he's logged off at the fleet (I'll play my Reps tonight). I'll just run over and use my free respec so he's Full Grav and not split a Hybrid Heal/Grav.