View Single Post

lucasomega
12.13.2011 , 11:37 AM | #14
From a different thread started with almost the exact same intent, here's my opinion on why this wouldn't really fix the problem (if it really is that big of an issue or just isolated incidences...I haven't seen anyone cite any personal examples or statistics yet).

"I really don't believe that adding a companion need button would change anything. For all intents and purposes, it's just a duplicate greed button and not necessary. Yes, it would be considered a tier above greed rolls; however, that really just eliminates the usefulness of the greed button. One could make an argument that every piece of gear is an upgrade for their companion(s), and he/she wouldn't be wrong for doing so. Every class gets a companion(s) for each type; healer, tank, and DPS. I feel that greed would become an obsolete button, replaced by the companion need button.

I'd rather BioWare implement a system that restricts classes from rolling need on gear they can't personally equip, before worrying any further about companion loot. I think if classes can't roll need on gear outside of their own use, it will eliminate a ton of debate of the need/greed rules of companion loot."