View Single Post

TUXs
04.12.2012 , 06:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
For clarity, the purpose of the change was to address the issue that Grav Round, on its own, was responsible for too much of your overall DPS. In other words, using totally made up numbers, if all you did was mindlessly spam Grav Round, you could still achieve something like 85% (again, totally made up) of your total damage dealing potential.

Not only was it bad, it wasn't fun (for the target or the caster). When things are bad, not fun, and yet they're still effective, they become high profile candidates for tweaking.

What we did was lower Grav Round's damage and increase Demo Round's damage. I don't know what the net result is off the top of my head, but we feel it's much, much closer to a "rebalance" than an outright "nerf."

And in case you're worried, if it turns out to be more of a nerf than a rebalance (which we don't want to be the case), then we'll fix it. But even then that'll probably be in ways that don't directly affect the damage dealt by Grav Round.
For clarity...

YOU have tied in every proc we get TO Grav Round. If you were truly trying to get us to spam the ONE ability that is responsible for added DPS, added defense, debuffs, you COULD have simply tied the numerous procs that Grav Rounds grants to something like Hammer Shot.

This is COMPLETELY your doing. This isn't new...this isn't even a shock dude...we all knew in Beta that Grav Round was the one MUST GET skill for Commandos. It certainly isn't OUR fault you've tied so much to this one flippin skill.

Seriously...do ANY of you play a gunnery Commando? Please explain how giving us one skill that does so much, could have possibly been overlooked or how it being like the ONLY valuable skill we had escaped your sights?! Remove all the procs from it, tie them to Hammer Shot and you'll see a completely new game.

It's like you really don't even understand WHY it was 85% of our damage...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)