View Single Post

Fizyx
12.16.2011 , 01:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tozazu View Post
Random thought, but something I've seen in the past. Those little authenticators sometimes have issues when going through areas of extreme cold/heat and/or altitudes. I know this from experience and having authenticators for years. I work in the silicone valley and had one die while in flight. Had another die when I went to Reno over the pass. It was 80+ degrees in the valleys, but near freezing over the pass. I guess the temps killed the authenticator because I left it in the trunk.

Not saying that you getting a damaged one is acceptable, but simply some food for thought.
It's a valid thought, but unfortunately I don't believe that to be the case. I don't think that pressure and temperature changes that it would have seen could cause the display to actually crack. I'm not sure if it's apparent in the pictures, but there are several very fine cracks through the display itself, and it looks exactly like someone or something pressed on the screen too hard. I actually think it must have happened during manufacture, since the front plate is fine, and only the display itself seems to be effected.