View Single Post

amantheil
04.08.2012 , 04:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealPyxx View Post
Qyzen Fess uses a Techblade, melee weapon, Looks like a Staff, but his primary stat is Aim? This doesn't make sense. Also In previous cutscenes prior to getting him as a companion have him shown with a Pistol.

This also goes for a few other companions as well.

Torian Caldera uses a Tech Staff, melee weapon, but also uses Aim as a Stat.

Skadge uses a Tech Blade, melee Tank, but uses Aim.

Elara Dorne Heals, all other Healers use Cunning, But she uses Aim? Heavy Armor as well. Maybe this is why? Need clarification.

Tanno Vic uses a Vibro Sword but uses Aim as a stat.

Yuun uses an Electro Staff also uses Aim. Shouldn't this be Willpower like Vector Hyllis?

Scorpio uses an Electro Staff but again usues Aim.

Akaavi Spaar uses an Electro Staff but also Aim as a stat.

and Finally We have our Robots for both sides. Neither one can even use a weapon, so they have to Melee; but yet their primary stat is also Aim.

We need to look into a future patch in regarding to fixing our companions Stats. I would like to suggest that maybe if they have a Melee Weapon then use Strength or Willpower as their main Stat. If they use a Blaster Pistol, Rifle, or Sniper Rifle then use Aim or Cunning. If they Heal then use Cunning if they dps then use Aim.

Any comments or likes please post below. Thanks.
The gearing can be a bit odd, but I think in some cases they did it to make it simpler. For example - Elara Dorne using Aim instead of Cunning. I guess they decided that since she's a "Trooper" she should wear Heavy Armor. So they kept Aim as her primary stat so you wouldn't then have to have a bunch of Cunning Heavy Armor. However, her gun has Cunning on it insead of Aim, which suggests that they initially developer her as Cunning and switched part way through.

But overall that may be part of the explanation - they wanted to an overall look and feel to the companions, and they didn't want to then come up with bizaare gear that would be useless for everyone else.

All the melee tanks using Aim may be for the same reason - they felt that overall it would be easier for people to gear them that way. Rumor has it tha Qyzek was originally designed as an ranged companion as well.