View Single Post

Atiris
04.08.2012 , 08:07 AM | #18
People really underestimate Madness spec. I don't know if it's because people don't understand how to play it or are simply using the wrong rotation. Let me break it down for you:

Your most important filler is discharge. When combined with lightning charge, it produces your first dot which ticks anywhere from 500-900 every second. When specced into Raze, any melee hit will give you a 60% chance to activate an instant crushing darkness while also reseting the cooldown to it. Now throughout the tree, you have several specs in which force attacks will increase the melee damage of your attacks by a certain %. In addition, there are also talents which increase the damage of shock.

Will the damage produced by discharge, crushing darkness, terror as well as your simple strikes, the target's health goes by fairly quickly. Combine that with a 2-3k Deathfield crit, 2-3k Shock crit and a 3-4k Maul and you can produce a pretty heavy burst. In addition, the healing from madness is decent and much better than no heals from Deception.

I've played since early release. I have a level 50 assassin and a level 50 shadow. I spent most of my time playing infiltration / deception, but only recently went tank spec with dps gear. i've begun to experiment with madness and though the survivability is ill in comparison to the tank spec, I believe it's better than Infiltration / Deception. i also think that the burst from madness is more control.