View Single Post

KiraHalcyon
12.13.2011 , 11:26 AM | #6
Ah, good, this thread is back.

Well, since I can't access the game just yet (why are they staggering Early Access anyway? ), I might as well post my character Bios here again.

I'll only do one or two, though.

Right now is my Main:

BIO:

Name: Takeshi Yamato
Race: Human
Home Planet: Corellia

Physical Appearance:
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Hair Style: Buzz Cut
Facial Appearance: Takeshi has a fairly average looking face, with a bushy moustache and violet eyes. He also has a scar running diagonally from the bridge of his nose down under his right eye, which he got during the Sacking of Coruscant.
Skin Color: Light
Height: 5í11Ē
Body Appearance: Takeshi is fairly slender for his height, but his Sentinel Training means that he is fairly well-muscled for his slender build.

Affiliation: Jedi Order, Galactic Republic

Class: Jedi Knight
Advanced Class: Jedi Sentinel
Moral/Force Alignment: Chaotic Good/Light Side

Equipment:
Weapons: Twin Single-Bladed Lightsabers (Violet Amethyst Blades [shown here])
Clothing: Takeshi wears a set of dark blue Jedi Sentinel Robes, customized to provide greater mobility and range of motion in combat. The robes also have a moderate amount of armored padding around the torso, giving him a decent amount of protection.

Personal Ship: Elsa (Corellian DefenderĖClass Light Corvette)

Personality: Don't ever tell him the odds. He is a resilient and easygoing young man with a short fuse. He can take a joke, he can take a hit, but don't ever push his buttons. Patience isn't one of his strongest qualities; rounding out what makes Takeshi Yamato your typical Corellian. He is punctual and dependable; a man of his word; and often a man of many words, depending on his level of interest.

He is also a thrill seeker and an adrenaline junkie; if he isn't doing something dangerous and exciting, then he isn't living. He also cares deeply for his wife, Sarah Reston-Yamato, and will do whatever it takes to keep her safe from harm.

Biography: Takeshi Yamato was like many other Jedi in the Order; taken away from home as an infant and trained at the Temple on Coruscant. He practiced the art of Lightsaber combat, learned how to use the Force and studied Jedi history. His training was no different than other learners. Takeshi, early in his training, became adept with a Lightsaber, and his training was focused into that of the Knight. He showed exceptional promise, but his Corellian nature and love of combat raised doubts amongst the Council.

When it came time for him to be apprenticed to a Master at the age of nine, he was chosen by a Female Miraluka Sentinel by the name of Voany Maris, who felt Takeshi showed incredible potential as a Sentinel like herself. From that day on, he began training with two Lightsabers, and found that that style of combat suited him well. He trained in both the JaríKai and Ataru forms, and also began a project to combine them into a brand new style, which he called Kotetsu. Furthermore, Voany did not follow traditional Jedi Beliefs in regards to emotions. Emotions should be controlled, yes, but not in the fashion the order typically taught, which was essentially suppression. Instead, Voany taught Takeshi to harness his emotions, use them to increase his efficiency in battle without being dominated by them. She also gave him an Astromech Droid, designation T7-X5, which became Takeshi's trusted traveling companion.

At the age of twelve, Takeshi began to "notice" the female learners, and his instinctive attraction to them slowly became a distraction. It was through insistent urging from Voany (who had become like a mother to him) that Takeshi would turn to training to occupy his thoughts. Like most Corellians, he didn't care to know the odds, but he loved to stack them against himself. It began with his training, to ebb his flow of thoughts on women, and later manifested itself in Takeshi's missions, where he'd purposely seek less than favorable odds.

Takeshi's lack of patience became more pronounced with age, along with his preference for danger. When with Voany, Takeshi preferred combat-oriented missions, feeling everything else was like a vacation; relaxed and dull. For the Council, this was a less than favorable quality. However, Takeshi remained staunch in his approach, claiming: Through combat, I truly feel alive. And, as long as I am, so will remain those Iíve sworn to protect. He'd channel his enjoyment for combat and danger, often using it to try and help improve his connection to the Force during battle.

Takeshi was fifteen when the Sacking of Coruscant occurred. Alongside Voany, he protected and transported many Younglings to the temple 'to be' on Tython. During the fighting, Takeshi split off from Voany to assist another Padawan, a Human Female named Sarah Reston who was training to be a Shadow. Takeshi and Sarah fought and defeated several Sith, before running into a Male Feeorin Sith Juggernaut who identified himself as Zark. Zark was not your typical Sithóhe was a battle-lusting, bloodthirsty maniac who lived only to fight. This disgusted and angered Takeshi, because even though Takeshi enjoyed combat, he still fought to protect others, unlike Zark who simply fought for the sake of fighting. With Sarah alongside him, Takeshi engaged Zark in a fierce Lightsaber Duel. Although they fought valiantly, apparently impressing Zark, Takeshi and Sarah were both overpowered by the Feeorin, with Takeshi getting a scar on his face from a glancing blow, and might have died had Voany not arrived and driven Zark away. They did survive though, and Sarah became one of Takeshiís closest friends. Takeshi also decided to keep the scar Zark had given him, as a reminder to never get overconfident in his abilities. He still has that scar to this day.

It was through his effort and abilities on Coruscant that the Councilís doubt in young Yamato was erased, and he became a Knight at the age of eighteen, and a full-fledged Sentinel a year later at the age of 19. He was paired with Sarah on many missions, and the two steadily grew closer, eventually falling in love, although they kept it secret from most of the Jedi, only telling Voany. Voany, who had become something of a mother figure for Takeshi, couldnít be happier for the two, and helped them keep their relationship secret from the rest of the Order. And when Takeshi was 24, he and Sarah were secretly married.

Since that time, the Sith have become a dominant presence in the galaxy, presenting the newly trained Jedi Sentinel with a worthy adversary, and an opportunity to feed his insatiable hunger for the dangerous.

SKILLS AND TALENTS:

Skilled Lightsaber Combatant: Being a Jedi Sentinel, Takeshi is very skilled with his signature Twin Lightsabers. Given his choice of weapons, itís no surprise that he has become an expert in the JaríKai form, which is much better-suited to Two Lightsabers than the other seven Forms. However, he is also an expert in the Ataru Form for if he ever needs to use a single blade. He has also managed to combine JaríKai and Ataru into a brand new style, which he calls Kotetsu.

Natural Pilot: Takeshi is a natural Pilot, capable of flying anything smaller than a gunship. He still doesnít have that much skill yet, but he is definitely on par with the average Republic Starfighter Pilot, and often enjoys flying his personal ship, the Elsa.

FORCE POWERS:
Force Sight
Force Persuasion
Moderate Self-Healing Abilities
Minor Telekinetic Abilities
Force Speed
Force Leap
Force Body

COMPANION CHARACTERS:
Sarah Reston-Yamato (27-Year-Old Human Female Jedi Shadow [Love Interest])
T7-X5 (Astromech Droid)

CREW SKILLS:
Slicing
Artifice
Treasure Hunting

SUPPLEMENTARY INFO:
Voice Actors/Actresses:
Takeshi: Johnny Yong Bosch (Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach)
Sarah: Anna Cummer (Miriallia Haw from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny)

Soundtrack:
Main Theme: Men of Destiny
Takeshi & Sarah Romance Theme: Force of Love (opening to RF Online)
Journey Through the Cosmos: Cosmic Voyagers from Star Ocean: The Last Hope
A Time of Respite: A Place for Reflection from Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Battle Theme: Roar, O One Who Breaks Supremacy from Super Robot Wars Original Generations Gaiden
Boss Battle Theme: Battle Theme 3 (Arranged) from Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Space Battle Theme: Eliminating Targets!! (00 Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
Just in Time!!!: Triangler (Ver. Z2) from Macross Frontier
In a Tight Spot: Boosted Crisis from Super Robot Wars Original Generations
Community Hub Theme: Silk Road in the Sky I from Star Ocean: The Last Hope

This is my Main Character, and I will be making him in TOR as soon as I have access to Early Access (which will hopefully be later today, or tomorrow at the latest).

Of course, if you want me in a Forum-Based RP, and want me to use him, feel free to let me know. Just know that you'll be getting his Companions with him in a Package Deal.
Takeshi Yamato- 24-Year-Old Human Male Jedi Sentinel
Hitomi- 21-Year-Old Human Female Sith Marauder
Sayane- 27-Year-Old Human Female Imperial Sniper
Zark- 300-Year-Old Feeorin Male Sith Juggernaut