View Single Post

natashina
03.23.2012 , 05:52 AM | #10
I've been reading the thread over the last couple of days and I would like to share this thought. Too much blame gets put onto Bioware for the lack of SGRs among other things, when the publisher could have as much if not more to do with it. Some people are automatically trying to accuse Bioware of shortchanging the LGBT player as some sort of deliberate act. I really think this isn't the case. A lot of those kinds of decisions(that lead to time constraints) are the publishers wanting the product to be shipped out the door asap. This leaves the poor development company trying to patch or otherwise work on content they intended to be in the game at the start. I love Bioware games, but EA has had a rather shady history of rushing products or trying to milk the consumer. I give BW a ton of credit for sticking to their guns and continuing to work on SGRs despite EA rushing ToR out the door. Even with a rather hurried release, it's still the most solid launch from an mmo I've ever seen.

The quotes from the devs at Bioware have given me every reason to believe that they are determined to give a solid product for all the many types of people that play this game. I get leery of their publisher, but the devs have proven my faith in the game company time and time again.