View Single Post

AAmedeo
03.22.2012 , 01:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Interesting view. In my opinion, I feel we all have a free will to do as we choose. I agree with you that what we "feel" may not always be the correct option. However, I don't condone a "going along to get along" method as one may have to do in a corporate situation if it contradicts the truth. The truth is the truth even if noone believes it. A lie is a lie even if everyone belives it.

There are times in many of the storylines where you may have someone you think is close to you betray you. And you don't always have the option to deal with the betrayal as you may react to it as it happens. There are times in the story where you choose an LS option that doesn't seem to be very "good" and an DS option that doesn't seem to be very "bad". There are many times where LS and DS options are basically a bit of grey moral relativism.

In the end for me, the story doesn't feel like mine and to be honest both sides of the conflict in this war are pretty reprehensable. The empire is machiavellian on steroids and the Republic is just out and out right corrupt. I don't feel for either side.
You were responding to me. Don't get me wrong. I have principals and ethics. I don't "go along to get along". But I admit to weighing my options and choosing which I can use to my best advantage. Life seldom gives us the opportunity to choose what we are totally happy with.

My main is a "Light" Bounty Hunter. He has no love for the Empire and realizes the Republic isn't much better. I think of him as what it must have been like to be someone like Rommel or Schindler in Germany during WWII. Good people in tough situations.

Even today, I don't always agree with US policy. There is corruption and evil in every nation. There are mistakes, and just plain bad decisions. All any of us can do it hope that the majority of "us" are not the bad people.