View Single Post

Tavek-Rauken
12.16.2011 , 06:02 AM | #3
Chapter 2

Rauken paced around the cockpit of his Fury-class Interceptor. The vessel stood still amidst deep space. Stars, and darkness clouded the vessel's main window, showing not a planet, but the empty, endless void of the universe.

Off to the side, stood an Imperial officer wearing the usual smoke-gray uniform of his kin. The man's hair was slicked back, fully revealing his forehead unlike Rauken who made sure his hair never went below his eyebrows, but always covered his forehead. The Imperial stared as Rauken paced the room, waiting for his Lord's typical battle strategy.

Rauken spoke out, still pacing.
"Captain."
The Imperial's voice was soft, and posh. Yet still accented like Rauken's own.
"Yes, My Lord?"
"Did you read the report?"
"Fully, My Lord."
"What is your battle strategy?"
"Well," The Imperial walked about like Rauken did. "The station contains four hangars, one for each direction. Two turrets are supplied per hangar, with six surrounding each hanger as part of the main 'dish'. Several communications arrays etch the top of the dish, including the center, and the bottom. The heaviest defenses are on the bottom-side of the station."
"In theory," The Imperial stopped moving. "We should attack the top of the station. Turrets first, and then the communications array. Once then, we should eliminate the turret defenses on three of the four hangars, and then force our way inside."
"What of the starfighters?"
"Typical Republic defense strategies for stations or large vehicles, include swarm priorities. The swarm usually includes surrounding the vehicle on all sides, while the offensive starships attack from the front or behind. As long as you are moving, these starships cannot initiate their plan. Any attackers would be open from the front, and they could not attack from behind as friendly fire is a risk."

Rauken stopped pacing, and fell into the Captain's chair. One elbow was propped on the arm rest, with the back-side of his hand used to rest his cheek. His other arm gently tapped at the arm rest's edge, as he silently thought to himself.

Rauken leaned more towards the Captain's direction, but he did not extend himself from his chair.
"What of external fleet defenses?"
"Thranta-class, and Hammerhead-class starcruisers are possible, but unlikely with your Master's reports. We have a very slim chance that any external defenses will arrive."
"Hmmm, as for the internal battle plan?"
"Inside the vessel, you and your Apprentice should infiltrate the main room. The Pirate should establish infiltration, and disabling operations. I could go after their tractor beam controls, and the Soldier should stay here and defend the ship."
"Hmmm."
Rauken gently rubbed at his lips as he considered The Captain's words.
"That is my full advisement, My Lord."
"I see no other scenario which ensures victory," Rauken nodded. "Set the coor-"

Rauken looked to his wrist, and saw a green flashing light. He tapped at two buttons on his wrist-device, and the light blinked off.
The Captain cleared his throat.
"Set the coordinates for lightspeed, My Lord?"
"No, not yet. Have them ready, but don't punch them in. I need to see to something."
"As you wish, My Lord."

Rauken pushed up from his seat, and walked out of the cockpit. Down the hallway, and to the right, he passed through the main chamber. With another left, he entered the medical bay which were the unofficial quarters of his female Force-using Apprentice. As he entered, she stood up from her seat, and walked towards him.

The Sith brought one hand outwards to cup her cheek. She in return, wrapped her arms around his torso. She tightened herself against him, and pressed her lips to his. The two locked their rather lengthy kiss together, and only broke off once both were satisfied.
They were now, some inches apart.

Rauken cleared his throat.
"You wanted to speak to me?"
"Yes, Master. I wanted to talk about, well... Your Master."
"Ah."
Rauken took a quick sweep of the room.
"You're wondering why I didn't attack him." Rauken mumbled, lowly.
"You told me you were going to."
"I told you, I was thinking about it. I can't attack him just like that, with people around. They'd think I'm a traitor. Besides, I still have much to learn from him!"
"But it is the Sith way! You're already much stronger than him, I can feel it! Your power over-shadows his own!"
"No!" Rauken cast his arm in a sweeping motion. "I can't. Not yet."
"You told me you would do it. Isn't this why you took me as your Apprentice? To claim his seat of power, and sit on it yourself?"
"Yes, that was the reason! But I can't do it, not now! I'm not ready."
"Then why did you make me your Apprentice!?"

Rauken dragged his arm backwards, as if moving for a punch. She in turn, flinched away, and covered her head as quickly as she could. She expected a strike, as if she had received it many times over. But not from him, and not now. He dropped his hand, and shook his head, slowly.

Rauken inhaled deeply.
"While it is my duty to claim his seat of power, I must do so when I am ready. I have much to learn from him. Besides, I need his expertise and resources on this mission. I need to kill Sevvur."
"Who is this man that haunts you so? I can feel it on you. Every time his name is spoken, a twitch of pain flows through you. What has he done to you?"
"He destroyed me. That's all you need to know."
"I want more."
"You won't have it."
"Then I deserve more."
"You... Maybe later, with time. For now, know that he is both a traitor, and a murderer."
His companion arched an eyebrow.
"As you wish, Master."

Rauken almost turned away to leave. But it appeared more as if he performed a full-body twitch. He remained in place, staring off at one of the kolto tanks in the medical bay. There were only two.

His companion frowned.
"Master, are you okay?"
"It's what we share, it-"
"It may be peace, but it is not a lie."
She moved an arm to cup his cheek, but he pulled away.
"It isn't. But I have my doubts all the same."
"You doubt what we have?"
"I don't doubt what we have. I doubt the acceptance of it."
"But, Master, we are not Jedi."
"We are not. But in Sith society, we should not be lovers."
"To death with what they say!"
"Enough," Rauken took a few steps back. "We will keep this in the shadows, like we always have. Remember where you came from, Jaesa. Remember why we cannot show this to the public."
She bowed her head.
"Yes, Master. I understand."
"Good. Now, make sure you are ready. We're going to make the jump soon."
"Yes, Master."

Rauken walked backward until he reached the door frame. Once then, he turned around immediately, and headed back into the main chamber.

He moved into the dead-center of the room, away from earshot of everyone. There, he ran his fingers through his hair, let out a long, drawn-out exhale, and fell silent for a minimal duration.

After a low grunt, he quickly fixed his hair, and returned to the cockpit.
Please check out my Facebook page, where original works are available!

Also please look at my Patreon, your support is appreciated!