View Single Post

shama
02.21.2012 , 01:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RepublicGurl View Post

NOTE: Anti-hero is defined as; (according to TV-tropes) a villain with heroic goals, personality traits, and virtues. Their desired ends are good, but their means of getting there can be defined as evil.
Good topic, because today I started a dark-side consular. Just to be clear, this isn't about being grey - or having my own morals - I am forcing myself to, if there is a choice, to accept the dark-side option and so play as the story leads me. I have a smuggler that is grey, an inquisitor that is dark and a knight who is light so this is my first run through the 'opposite' side to how you'd expect for a faction.

I wanted to say though that the definition of anti-hero given doesn't describe my dark-side consular ... purely based on the levels 1-10 I should add. The dark side choices so far have been selfish and nothing to do with heroic goals, traits or virtues..

Spoiler

I am enjoying the break from the cloying goody goody control your emotion play of light side Jedi, but I do find it very amusing how I am just given a stern talking to when, for example, I killed the pilgrims or called my masters friend an ugly monster, and still get to graduate as a Jedi
It is like carte-blanche: I know the quest chain will still carry on whatever I do, so I can be as rude as I like, rise to anger and kill anyone that gets in my way, lie, cheat, work for personal profit and various other things that would ordinarily get me a promotion if I was a Sith.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision