View Single Post

Iwipe
02.16.2012 , 07:43 PM | #1
Hey everyone, I wrote a guide on the complete companion customizations that are available in the game, where to buy them and what they look like (so far I have screenshots for 4/8 of the classes).

I do want to warn you that there will be some minor spoilers here as this guide will reveal the name of all the companions you can get for your class

The official SWTOR are not too friendly with images and this guide will contain alot of them, I recommend to read this guide at my blog as well if you want see the images uninterrupted. It can be found here: http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/2012...n-vendor-list/

What are companion customization kits?
These are different looks you can buy for your companion - some modify their faces only while others does a complete revamp - different outfit etc. These are pure vanity items and do not modify the stats of your companions in any way.

Where are the vendors located?
Vendors are located on Taris, Belsavis, Balmora, Ilum (Orbital station and base), and Fleet. You can see a detailed list below.

What do they look like?

This list is not complete, I have 4/8 of the classes. If you like to help me finish these screenshots, there is a section on the bottom of this guide where you can contribute.

Sith Inquisitior

Jedi Consular

Imperial Agent

Republic Trooper

Where can I buy them?

Empire

Ilum: Security key vendor in Ilum Orbital Station – Lieutenant Oarr (-980, 1)
Belsavis: Vendor in Imperial Lodgment (the place where you land) – R-N05 (1629, 1378)
Balmora – Cantina – Wel-Nolan (-185, 1297)
Taris – Right where you land – Keth (8, 676)
CE – Collectors Edition Vendor – at top of the cantina in the Fleet (need to take elevator)
Fleet – Security Key Vendor – in the big circle around the cantina.
N/A – not available in game – possibility on the Ilum customization vendor (not the one on the orbital station) who has an empty inventory atm.

Sith Sorc
Spoiler

Sith Warrior
Spoiler

Bounty Hunter
Spoiler

Imperial agent
Spoiler

Republic

Belsavis: Near where you land: M-5Q5 (1267, 259)
Balmora : Inside one of the buildings near where you land: Gunnta (277, –232)
Taris: Inside the Cantina (-1902, 366)
Fleet: Security Key Vendor – near the Cantina in the middle
CE; Collector’s Edition Vendor – on top of the Cantina
IlumOrb: Ilum Orbital Station Security Key Vendor
Ilum: Sergeant Koam at the Ilum base (513, 635)
N/A: Currently not in game. Its in the database and maybe added in a future patch.

Trooper
Spoiler

Jedi Consular
Spoiler

Jedi Knight
Spoiler

Smuggler
Spoiler

Where are the missing customization kits?

The complete list of all the customization kits are pulled from Torhead.com. Quite a few of them are not available in game - one theory is that they might exist on the Companion customization in Ilum Base (not Orbital Station) , which is currently empty for the Empire side and only sell one companion's customization kits for the Republic side.

Security key vendor? Collectors Edition?
Not all the customization kits are available to everyone - some are restricted to certain players. In this case Collectors Edition owners have access to some of the customizations listed above that are not available to everyone else. Security key owners - physical or mobile phone based have access to another set of customization kits that are exclusively for them.

Contributors
I want to give a big thank you to the SWTOR Reddit community which contribute many of the images here. Specifically:

G-ZeuZ @ Reddit (Shine – Bloodworthy) for Imperial agent companion
LiamJoseph @ Reddit (Aidan Nezban- Rwookrrorro) for Jedi Consular
Sandpigeon @ Reddit for last 2 companions of Republic trooper

How can I contribute?
I am looking for screenshots of companions for the following classes:
Sith warrior
Jedi Knight
Smuggler
Bounty Hunter

If you have access one of these classes and would have to help, I would like to ask that you take a screenshot of preview window, front and back, for these customization kits and number them as say janefront1, janeback1 etc where jane is the name of the companion, front indicates front/back shots and 1 indicate the customization kit number. If you want to purchase these customiztion kits and take a screenshot of their faces with it that would be awesome too!

You can send them to me in any method you like and I can compiled them like I did for the images above so there is a consistent format for viewers. If you don't have a preferred method to send them, I recommend put these images in a zip file, and then go to http://dropitto.me/dulfy and enter password: reddit

This will put it in my dropbox, which I can then retrieve.

You will be given all the credits for your hardwork!