View Single Post

Donnadarco
02.16.2012 , 10:41 AM | #16
Quote:
Please, find below a list of reasons why all the melee classes need a serious love in this game. You may discuss this list, add new reasons. If you do so, I will update this original post accordingly.

Reason 1
When a melee class is rooted, snared, or bumped, it cannot deal any DPS (with the exception of the Jedi Shadow and Sith assassin who can deal some Range DPS). The resolution bar is not growing up that much when you are affected by a movement impairing effect. Even worse: while rooted, the resolution bar starts decreasing. You cannot move, but you are almost immediately eligible for a mez, a stun, or whatever else. Obviously, a melee class is much more affected by crowed control effects than any other class in the game.

Reason 2
The melee classes are taking way too much damage. They take so much damage that they have not the ability to put the pressure into the enemy lines. Let's take an example: a 50v50 fight on Ilum. The melee classes, i.e DPS and tanks, cannot rush the enemy lines. If they do so, they get killed in a couple of seconds. The combat is therefore a (Range + Healer) vs (Range + Healer) fight. In such a fight, melee classes are only spectators. This issue has also an impact in the overall PvP game play: since it is not possible to rush into the enemy lines, the fight is therefore quite static.

Reason 3
The melee classes are globally dealing less DPS than the range classes. This is a subjective observation as I do not have any combat logs to prove this general feeling or its contrary. But I can also listen to people who have two characters, one range DPS class and one melee DPS class, and who report the exact same feeling. IMHO, a melee DPS class should strike hard when in contact of the target, as most of the time, due to the movement impairing effects and other CCs, the melee DPS class cannot deal any DPS at all.
Put this in the PVP thread instead. You dont mention 1 single PVE disadvantage being mele ?

This s just a huge complain about Crowd control in PVP.