View Single Post

Gantoris_Aym
02.12.2012 , 07:21 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ManuNegra View Post
This is like saying The Old Repbulic (or whatever new game you want) is nowhere near as influential as pong was, and is therefore worse.
the difference is that the game that came out after pong had pong as an inspiration to draw from. and the fact the Lucas had to battle the film industry just to get the OT made is something that made the OT so special. Also, pong didn't change the way video games were played.

try - legend of Zelda or Mario

and this doesn't disprove what I said. because you can't assume that video games adhere to the EXACT same values that movies do. And I acknowledge how great Ocarina of Time was, but I like Skyward Sword ALMOST as much. So yeah, you can value a game because of it's influence. That doesn't mean that I am going to hate on Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, but I am going to play the game that has the most nostalgia to me. and Honestly, I have no problem with the prequels, but I grew up in the 90s and the first movies I remember seeing in theaters were the special edition OT SW movies, and nothing has come close to that since.

Go back and watch the OT... the emotion and the character development is so much more real, so much more potent, and so much more moving than the PT.