View Single Post

Zyrachiel
01.30.2012 , 09:01 AM | #4
If you take a look at the lore you'll find out there is a reason Sith are associated with red lightsabers. I won't go into exact names or eras as I don't recall them out of the top of my head.

In the past when the first dark Jedi (the kind you are concerned with on Tython in TOR) began to broke off from the order they found themselves without access to the natural force crystal caves, which yield blue, green and yellow crystals. Their solution to the problem was manufacturing their own lightsaber crystals. These synthetic crystals served just as well, the only difference is they couldn't make any other color than red. Hence, the red lightsabers.
Here's a vague quote from Wookiepedia regarding the topic:

"While the Jedi used natural crystals, the Sith often used red-hued synthetic crystals. Sith-made synthetic crystals create a slightly more powerful blade when energized by the dark side of the Force, occasionally demonstrating the ability to "break" Jedi lightsaber blades, disrupting the energy circuit and shorting out the weapon, as almost happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi while fighting Darth Vader on the first Death Star."

As for the blaster shot colors I imagine there is a similar reason, perhaps the Empire manufactures their ammunition from materials that make its shots green, whereas the Republic holds planets that yield red ammunition.

Or there could be some sort of warfare code of conduct that forces the warring factions to use different energy cell colors.

Edit: added wookiepedia quote
Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice.