View Single Post

Raycyst
01.29.2012 , 10:04 AM | #133
This post is in regards to a DECEPTION point of view.

How or what are we using to establish the basis or justification regarding the Crit > Power theory? Over the past few days, I've been starting to lean to the opposite of this. Considering we do not have meters or logs to establish a concrete philosophy, are we prematurely assuming Crit is superior to Power?

In theory, we might want to consider how simplistic the two stats are: Power = increase every hit, Crit = increase the chance to increase one hit. I understand that the damage multiplier that that Critical swing 'might' outweigh the Power loss, but with the right amount of Power, isn't is safe to say that the sustained output would surpass that of Crit (not to mention not having to deal with any type of diminishing returns).

It's not to say that Crit is bad, by any means, and in fact, it's probably best to balance both. But, in theory and in practice, we WILL be critting regardless, it just happens anyway. In a black/white example, if we don't Crit, all the rating we spent did nothing and were wasted optimization.

I know I can't be the only one thinking this. The game is in such a premature stage that perhaps we are jumping to conclusions. And, if we rely on previous models (and/or other games), we could find justification on how this Power > Crit theory might hold some water.

Any thoughts?