View Single Post

DNA_Cowboy
01.27.2012 , 12:15 PM | #1
Been getting the itch to at least pick up some expanded universe or uber-specific setting materials from one of the established RPG settings (WEG, WoC etc.), not so much because I have a definite plan to ever run a game (who knows), but because I might some day, I always appreciate a well done setting book and I could always cannibalize some aspects for another homebrew setting.

I have immediately realized that I have no idea which source books are considered by both player and cannon aficionados as being high quality, in-depth, well written, produced etc. So, I ask anyone who catches this thread before it plummets off the page to give me feedback.

Out of Print isn't necessarily a concern for me, as I can check drivethrurpg to see if they're selling PDFs (not my preference, but I could make do) or try and snag a copy off of eBay. Also, though I'm open to new rule sets, I'd probably run a BRP conversion or something like that anyway, so the crunchy bits don't matter all that much to me.

Any old school tabeltop, PnP RPGers have any advice?
"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany