View Single Post

JamesBaldwin
01.26.2012 , 05:52 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by BoneEater View Post
Code:
Routenverfolgung zu 159.153.72.252 über maximal 30 Abschnitte

1     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  2     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  3     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  4     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  5     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  6     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  7     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  8     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
  9     *        *     User-PC [**********]  meldet: Zielhost nicht erreichbar.
Yeah, pretty damn weird, dunno if that is even helping or if it was just some random launcher problem, but I had to do exactly the same thing as if the game kicked me out due to the insane latency spikes. I had to reconnect my internet connection even though it showed me I was connected perfectly fine. Don't ask me why
This definitely looks like a local network problem. I would have expect you to see, at the very least, a connection for your in home router and default gateway for your ISP.

For everyone else whose posted so far, thanks! Make sure to post both a normal (if available) and problem traceroute. I've started doing some checking into some of the routes for issues but will need more data points from more players (hopefully following a similar route) to firmly identify the issue.

A few of you are showing latency just due to the sheer distance to the server you're playing on. EU players on a West Coast server are rarely going to see latency less than 150ms (and I'm probably being generous with that RTT as it is). I don't suggest playing on a different server and the game should be playable at those ping times (the Aussies playing on the West Coast servers have similar ping times) however you are opening yourself to be impacted by a larger number of variables.

I highly suggest, if possible (and I know it always isn't, looking at you Oz), that you try not to cross an ocean to hit a server.