View Single Post

Angina
01.25.2012 , 01:23 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekemeister View Post
Experimenting with Madness since lv 44. Full madness gives more than enough of a rotation without maul. Besides, Maul doesn't do a lot of damage until a player possesses the Induction skill for the 30% extra crit damage.
I couldn't agree more. I posted my thoughts on this a few pages back before I was 50, now that I'm 50 and I know how hard Thrash is hitting, I'm even more sure. It also gives us 3 points to spend, here's my thoughts:

I'm wondering if 8/2/31 will be the better build for PVE madness.

My suspicion is that the buffs to thrash and the relatively low force regen makes trying to use Maul in our rotation not worth it. I suspect that we won't have the extra force and time to work in Maul effectively making those three points very low yield to benefit ratio.

What I propose is that the extra 3% damage from electric execution in darkness tree and having a burst CD from the two points in dark embrace (force cloak then spam assassinate/thrash/shock with increased force regen) and dropping Maul from the priority list. We would then use Thrash/lacerate/assassinate when no dots need refreshing and you don't need force. I'm also under the impression that each attack from thrash can individually proc your Raze ability which is our biggest DPS boost of all (especially on fights with more than one target).