, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community! Here is some information about the site, your account, and the game that should get you started!
Basic Game Information
The website is full of information about the game. To learn the basics, make sure you read:
To learn more about the setting, planets, and story in Star Wars: The Old Republic, check out the Setting page and the Holonet.
To find informational posts written by our development team, make sure to visit the Developer Tracker frequently. Whenever a developer makes a post, it shows up there! Don't forget to read the articles posted on the Community Blog at the top of the forums - we update the blog with lots of information relevant to the community!
Setting Up Your Account
To access the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Forums, you’ll first need to set up an account. To begin, click the “Sign Up” button at the very top of this page and fill out the account creation form (note: if you already have an account, you may not be able to view this page). Once you have submitted your account creation information, you’ll receive a verification email at the address you entered when you signed up. You should receive this email quickly, but it may take up to 1-2 hours. If you haven’t received your email, make sure to check your spam folder to see if it the activation email was filtered. You can also have another email sent to your address here. If you still haven’t received the verification email, please contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team so we can investigate.
The verification email contains a link to verify your email address and will be followed by another email with your sign-in information. When your email is confirmed, you should be able to log in to your Star Wars: The Old Republic forum account using the login section at the top of the page.
Changing Your Forum Information
Now that you’ve created a forum account, you’ll want to customize your settings. All changes made to your account can be made from the “My Account” button on the top of the page (note: you must be logged in to see this button). The Account Management screen has the following options:
- Basic Info – Edit your basic information such as Gender, Time Zone, Language, etc. (note: if you update your email address, you must re-validate your account)
- Profile – Tell us about yourself! Add personal information such as hobbies, jobs, websites and contact info.
- Avatar – Select an image to represent yourself.
- Friends – Create a friends list of fellow community members.
- Subscriptions – Track specially marked threads of your choosing.
- Display and Notification Options – Choose to receive an email to subscribed threads and edit the way the forums appear on your account.
- Reset Password – Change your password.
- Refer a Friend – Recruit a friend to join your journey.
Before you make your first post, please familiarize yourself with the Rules of Conduct. These rules ensure that every account holder can discuss the game in a harassment-free environment. Violations of these rules can result in moderation actions - including suspensions and bans from the community.
Participating on the Forums
We look forward to your participation and want you to enjoy your time here, whether you choose to simply follow discussions or actively post. To keep the Community section fun for everyone, we strive to maintain mature, constructive conversations. We expect every member of the forum to be familiar with the rules and to observe them.
When you are ready to contribute to the Forums, there are three things to consider before posting:
- Does your post contribute constructively to the topic at hand?
- Has it been posted before? Please use search to find threads on your topic!
- Is it in the right place? Each forum has a specific topic - make sure your thread fits!
You read and agreed to the Rules of Conduct when you created your account. It is important to read the entire list of rules, but here are some basic guidelines:
Note that violating these rules and guidelines can result in your suspension or permanent removal from these Forums. This list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right to modify or remove any forum content at our discretion.
- Always be polite to other members, even if they disagree with you.
- Stay on-topic in threads and be constructive, civil, and courteous.
- If someone else is breaking the rules, use the flag feature to report the post - don't respond to them!
- Do not spam (especially do not spam to recruit for your guild) or bump threads.
- Political, religious, or sexual discussions are not permitted.
- Posting pornographic content, hate speech, or other offensive content will result in a ban.
Thank you for joining the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community!