View Single Post

DarthRegnator
01.21.2012 , 03:11 AM | #68
For some awkward reason (It is fitting, however), this song was playing when I "killed" Revan in the Foundry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfvhi6Gfx0o

My friend and I were pretty speechless afterwards, especially when he delivered his final line. We both were really connected to his character, more so him than I. After the flashpoint was over, we lost the urge to continue playing. It felt dirty, wrong, and inconceivable that we, who had no say in the matter of the situation, had to kill our "hero." I guess being emotionally connected to a character for that long does that to some people.

I am not against the notion that Revan had to die, but the way it was done was rather, forced. In terms of storytelling in videogames, there is always a linear path. But I figured that Bioware would have given us a choice in the matter, however subtle it could have been.

When I created my Sith Warrior, I aimed his ambition and loyalty to the Empire as a whole and to further our dominion over the Republic. But in light of these events, my warrior was not serving the Empire; He was serving the Emperor, who is a selfish, genocidal, wicked tyrant that MUST be overthrown for the survival of the galaxy. The two dearest "heroes" of mine, Revan (Despite his insane goal to eradicate all Sith blood) and Malgus, represented the opportunity to accomplish that goal. To reform the Empire from within. But the Emperor killed them both, using me as his weapon, his puppet of choice. I was his Wrath, when I did not want to be. Whether Bioware intended me to feel this way about the ongoing state of affairs is unclear. If so, they succeeded.
"The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil." - Kreia