View Single Post

TheRealBowser
01.19.2012 , 04:27 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by ManCandy View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but when weighing which class/companion are best suited for a particular crewskill(s) shouldn't critical be of far more importance than efficiency? Especially in the case of crewskills that follow a non linear model of reverse engineering ie..arms/armor/synth

As I understand it, efficiency only effects the length of time it takes to produce/retrieve "X" item/material. Whereas +critical can potentially effect the actual return of the item or material. Now I realize that endgame patterns and missions take a fair bit of time, but the end result is the same.

It seems to me, if for example I need to send a crew member out to craft an epic pattern piece of armor that was going to take 2 hours to craft and I had a choice between getting the item back in 1h 45mins or +5 critical chance, personally I would prefer the crit chance as it potentially can effect the end result of the finial item.

One place I could potentially see the benefit of a +efficiency is a profession like Biochem where you would be more likely to mass produce stims and medpacs for your own consumption, but to that end the epic version of all those patterns are not consumed on use. So who knows....

Just my two cents...
I agree actually, I pick +5 crit when I can usually. My rating system is not based off of how good the crits are, otherwise there would be no point in the guide. I'd just make a post saying "Take this, take that, and take that" for each class.

+5 crit is not required to be successful at a crew skill, and in reality it's only +5% critical. When you think about it, it's only so good.

The rating system is based off of the strengths of the crew and their bonuses. I've thought about giving +5 crit extra points in the rating, but then it would get confusing. I still may yet and give +5 crit 4 or 5 points instead of 3, but for now, I am leaving it as it is.

My comments at the end, however, will recommend critical crew skills over efficiency ones, and I have specifically listed critical crafting skills in the summaries for your convenience.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!