Thread: why 4/8/16?
View Single Post

universeman
01.17.2012 , 02:01 PM | #4
I thought the 4 man group was a bit strange as well. Not that I see it as a problem, but I like having more people in the group. It makes it more dynamic and fun (IMO). Yes, the material in game is designed around 4 players, but that could be changed if they felt it would make things more interesting.

Let's assume, for a moment, that the game content could be balanced for 5 or 6 players (as well as for 1-4)...Do you see groups of 5 or 6 being more fun? What are the pros/cons?

The most recent MMO I still have fun playing is City of Heroes. They allow 8 players in a group. And the content scales to that, along with players choosing their difficulty level. It makes for some incredible encounters. Of course, everything in that game is instanced...though I've never had a problem with instancing. I get the impression a lot of people frown upon that.

My only gripe here is that nobody wants to group, because nobody needs to. What benefit is there to grouping? Except to tackle that HEROIC or FP...