View Single Post

EngineerDavid
01.17.2012 , 05:31 AM | #1
Regarding the EU, I feel torn. Because though the EU had given us, IMO, some great and awesome stories, like:

- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (the comics, games and entire area)
- Star Wars Legacy
- Rise of Darth Bane and Rule of Two(also the war before that,...)

it has also given me the creeps... The entire New Republic area(4 ABY - 45 ABY), it seems like al these authors made the same mistake:

It always had to be bigger, more dangerous and more dramatic.

Like the authors said: "Hey you know that last novel of that other auther were you tought it was dangereous? Wel now it really is even more dangerous." They even killed Chewie, trying to make their point.

The parade of superweapons(a small ship deadlier then the Death Star???), superpowers(teleportation???? Making black holes???) and clones of the emperor, are just ridiculous. Trying to top the Death Star and trying to top the Emperor in Episode VI as the "Ultimate Evil".

And though all these stories have some cool attributes(like in the Yuuzang Vong-Invasion where Empire and Republic must try to work together), to me they fail in the big picture.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: "Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?"

Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Lucas went the wrong way, he should have never allowed Dark Empire I and II, he should have never made The Force Unleashed a strict canon game, that is just over the top... It doesn't add up with the idea of Jedi and Sith we get in the movies...

Please feel free to add your thoughts, but please no cursing and calling people idiots, everyone has a right to have his opinion.