Thread: Crafting Idea.
View Single Post

Heggs
01.13.2012 , 01:01 PM | #1
I have an idea about crafting that I would like to share and get feedback on. There are a lot of posts that talk about an appearance/social tab and also a lot of players have commented that certain armour sets look better than others but they use the ‘ugly’ ones because of the stats for obvious reasons.

My idea is this in a nutshell. Change the mechanics of armour crafting and allow players to craft an armour set of a particular look with the stats they want. To do this I suggest allowing players to pick a style/pattern of armour and then create it with a material that has the required stats inbuilt.

E.g. Hoth Trooper Armour pattern of spikiness. Player then has a choice of two materials to create it with. Commando Plasteel would favour +aim (DPS), Vanguard Plasteel would favour +endurance (Tank) but both sets can be worn by either trooper class. A ‘blue’ set would just depend on the material used or maybe crafter skill/crit etc.

Orange armour in game can be modded to suit a players needs, my idea just takes it one step further and allows them to pick the look of it and not just orange armour either. In fact my idea could also be applied to all armour and weapons also.It can also be a pain in the arse to get a full matching set.

I am not a programmer so I have no idea how practical this idea is, maybe it would be far easier to just include an appearance tab 

Cheers,

Heggs.